• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Tsukasa Hinoura 240 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

Reaction score
Been looking for a Tsukasa 240 for a bit over a year, thought it was worth seeing if anyone has one sitting in a drawer that they'd like to pass along.

My preference is for a river jump, but I'd happily consider anything you have. Looking specifically for Tsukasa Hinoura, not Matsumi (though his knives are great too)

Thanks!

Weird, the first link was a 240 river-jump from bernal cutlery?

Looking specifically for a 240, though thanks for linking the 210 at EE.

I should have also mentioned, I've been checking epicedge and bernal obsessively for new stock, but if anyone else knows of other vendors that have Tsukasa knives, please let me know.

Carbon Knife Co and Knifewear had the River Jump knives.
I'd contact all four and ask them to try to source one in Japan for you...

I don't know if they're getting slightly different ones from everybody else or if Unryu-Mon is not the same as River Jump, but the Unryu-Mon knives at JCK japanesechefsknife.com are my favorite patterns of this twist damascus cladding Hinoura is making: https://japanesechefsknife.com/collections/tsukasa-hinoura

I have a Hinoura kitaeji gyuto and it's stunning. The craftsmanship is top notch, and I feel it's a nice touch that he does the bevel polishing himself.
wWqC3hAl.jpg

dW48bG6l.jpg

Thanks for the additional thoughts, and I agree the unryo-mon are stunning... as is the kitaeji pictured.

You guys are doing a good job of convincing my I should buy one, and unfortunately confirming my suspicion that it's going to be tough to find...

I don't know if they're getting slightly different ones from everybody else or if Unryu-Mon is not the same as River Jump, but the Unryu-Mon knives at JCK japanesechefsknife.com are my favorite patterns of this twist damascus cladding Hinoura is making: https://japanesechefsknife.com/collections/tsukasa-hinoura

I have a Hinoura kitaeji gyuto and it's stunning. The craftsmanship is top notch, and I feel it's a nice touch that he does the bevel polishing himself.
wWqC3hAl.jpg

dW48bG6l.jpg
Had a 210.
Would love to buy it back...
I tread it for a Kato suji 220.... I was wrong.... The hinouras are much better knives than the katos

Congrats! That one is very beautiful... I find there is a wide variation in the different ones, and some are much more visually attractive than others. Great pickup!

Latest posts

Back