• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Two nakiri - Kono FM W#1 195 (sold) , MSC Lefty 185

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esoo

┐⁠(⁠ ⁠∵⁠ ⁠)⁠┌
KKF Lifetime Supporter KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just need to reduce the knife count sitting in boxes as it's giving me stress and I need to reduce that at the moment. The nakiri are going as I seem to always be grabbing the gyutos. Date is off by one day on the paper as I meant to take the pics yesterday, but what was supposed to be a simple job of replacing a leaking kitchen tap turned into a two day nightmare.

Kono FM White 1 195 Nakiri. *** Sold ***
183x55, 218g, Tanaka forged Myojin ground.

I'm going to be a bit sad to let this one go as it is something special but the grind on it is more righty than lefty so I never got fully enjoy what this knife could do. Great heft in the hand, this is a knife that likes to plow through produce. I've only touched up the edge on 3K stones less than 5 times. It could probably use touch up. I did recently strip the patina off, and as you can see it was starting again.

I value this at $525CAD, and will cover the first $15 of shipping.

20221203_170559.jpg

20221203_170625.jpg

20221203_170911.jpg

MSicard Lefty 52100 Nakiri
185x55, 184g

I asked Matt to make me a lefty version of the FM nakiri above. He nailed this pretty darn well (just being a bit lighter which we discussed and I decided to accept). It's a great cutter that works well for a left hander. The blade has been through a hot coffee etch and has some patina built on it. Edge was touched up on a 3K after the etch.

I value this at $200CAD $225CAD, and will cover the first $15 of shipping. Canada/ConUS shipping included, $15 covered for rest of world.

20221203_170317.jpg

20221203_170400.jpg

20221203_170847.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions, and thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Really cool offerings. My wallet thanks you for stating the grind bias about the Kono. Glws!

So I did the cardinal sin of posting a knife and then heading to sleep.

I've got a few hours of personal stuff to do before I will able to start going through the PMs. That said, just looking at subject lines it would appear the Kono is going to be sold.

I highly recommend Matt’s work, especially for any lefties out there without a sharp rectangle. Someone should jump on this deal before his pieces cost 2x what they do now. My lefty biased 240 from him is an absolute tank and now lives on my work board for daily bulk prep

Back