• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD ***TYLER SELLS A COUPLE STUNNING CUSTOMS***

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello my friends. I have been a very busy bee lately, I miss you guys!

I have some real beauties I am looking to sell, if anyone is interested in purchasing both of them I would certainly be willing to work out a nice price.

I'm at (and have been at) the point where I would honestly love to keep every single knife I own but some of these queens need to come out of the cabinet and get some love, you know?

As always let me know if anyone has any questions.

Both of these knives are customs that were made for me.

1. Simon Maillet Custom Twisted Wrought Gyuto
239 x 57, 265g, Shiro 1/ Wrought iron

This Knife is so sick and so special... it was one of the first twisted wrought clad knives and took several attempts to complete. It's something like 9mm out of the handle then beautifully tapers toward to tip. This is a work horse no doubt but cuts very smoothly and feels very balanced and comfortable in the hand. Simon's HT and fit and finish are absolutely fantastic. Beautiful smooth Bog oak birds beak shaped handle and a perfectly fit custom saya, she is a stunner.

Knife is only very lightly used and never sharpened. There was very very slight damage to the tip which I fixed but I always like to be super transparent. Only a fraction of steel was removed.

Letting this one go for a steal!

$445 Shipped CONUS

7ABCC4B9-98EC-4668-84CA-BDE65DAE4A6F.jpeg
623AA02E-7FE0-4D46-A5AD-F6B56F5F9932.jpeg

IMG_1611.jpeg
IMG_1615.jpeg
IMG_0262.png

2. Fellipi custom Gyuto

255 x 57, 274g, 52100/ Wrought iron

This knife is a stone cold stunner. One of the best and most extreme tapers I’ve seen/owned. This bad girl is 8mm out of the handle, ~2mm in the middle and >1mm at the tip. This gives it a very confident feeling in hand but the ability to brunoise a shallot with the tip with ease. This was one of the sharpest knives I’ve ever received… absolutely DEADLY out of the box. I may have done a few swipes on my Aizu but I don’t remember, it’s definitely never been sharpened. Grind is perfectly aggressive but still feels nice and sturdy. Sort of reminds me of Bazes meets Yanick.

I would put the performance of this knife in my top 5. Definitely a fall-through-whatever type cutter.

The wrought on this one is absolutely gorgeous as well… super wild pattern that shows INSANE coloring when it gets a patina. I’ll include a photo of what the patina can look like.

I really would love to keep this knife but I just don’t have the time to use it like it deserves. This will seriously be someone’s next favorite knife. Hands down.

Also it comes with a nice sturdy Saya and the nicest leather bag I’ve seen (heavy duty af).

PLUS, I kid you not this knife seriously smells like a cigar box. I think it’s the wood that the Saya is made from. It’s called jequitibá. The handle is a beautiful hybrid western made of Violet Rosewood.

Overall an insane package.

$745 shipped CONUS

IMG_0289.png
IMG_0144.jpeg
IMG_1858.png
98F991AA-5A19-445D-9E91-1F340BDDBBEE.jpeg

IMG_1867.jpeg

Last edited:
Back