Media ugliest. knife. ever.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that I'll never see one of these in person but I know that's just wishful thinking.

dave, I just bought a really cool knife from debuyer - can you fix it for me, it's not cutting as well as my honyaki that I bought two weeks ago

426000.jpg

"The ultimate fusion of Japanese and French blade history and technology" :rofl2:
the handle appears to have a tip, i wonder if it can be used as a paring?

I hope that I'll never see one of these in person but I know that's just wishful thinking.

Thanks for posting that pic, Dave. Whenever I post a pic, they don't work... maybe I need to go back to web-hosted pics...

I do hope you get one of these knives in for "fixing" so you can share with us just how awesome they are.

Not a fan, but I'll concede that it prolly doesn't belong in this thread. I appreciate that it's forged and made in Spain, but the shape makes no sense to me. :scratchhead:

Sooo, how about this one? The Kitchen Knife of the Year 2013, The Santility!

View attachment 20501

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/ken-onion-by-chef-works-rain-series/santility-knife-p129836

[video=youtube;IgblzF__wZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgblzF__wZE[/video]

Oh dear Lord!

Santility?

I can't even see the lower side of the blade of that de buyer on my monitor, and the handle looks cropped, is that even a real picture of the knife? It looks like the handle was photoshopped or something, kinda crazy a company that makes pans as good as they do, this is the knife they come up with.

That Santilly knife looks like the Rock and Chop from the Miracle Blade infomercials.

We have new contenders :

couteau_chef_gd.png

coffret_le_petit_chef_gd.png

It's a shame because I love that brand...

We have new contenders :

couteau_chef_gd.png

coffret_le_petit_chef_gd.png

It's a shame because I love that brand...

I don't think it would be fair to put that knife in that category, It is designed for kids, I am teaching my 3yo daughter how to push and pull cut , although it doesn't have the looks ,it will be useful with the blunt tip and and the grip point rather than my daughter trying to grab the knife from the heel. When scroll through IG for gyutos and chefs knives I see lots of knives that will make that opiniel cry for sure

I don't think it would be fair to put that knife in that category...

Perhaps not, but this one definitely belongs here...

Posted on ebay as a 'Handmade Custom Knife'...
bigcrappyknife_zps2e6afd63.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

On one of the knife forums I visit there are lot worse " kitchen knife design " or "japanese style "knives and believe it or not they get great feedback ... Scary..

View attachment 15087

The sales blurb is priceless too, the shattered English of rakuten gets me every time:

In a line without refined waste, the maximum
A which takes a **** in pursuit of ergonomics in the kitchen
It is available for every work.

Mast Ladd develops it, and obtained a patent; France
It becomes the praise product of the cook church.

Oh, the grip of **** is settled in a hand with スッポリ,
For cutting fine and a slice, various movement including the changing screens
I can cope skillfully. With the Luke design is beautiful
A which takes a **** to promise the sharpness that is a high level for
MOMA museum of ・ of New York
It is chosen as a modern art.

I've imagine a **** would make a comfortable handle, it just makes sense people....

Cheers,
Josh

That reminded me of doing mad libs and I kept thinking the perfect word was "shi*" for every ...

I gifted a set like that in pink. They still use glass "cutting boards"

Back