• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS ULTIMATE IKEDA HONYAKI

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yanagiba IKEDA Honyaki White#2 300mm

Measurements:

From heel to tip: +- 294mm

thickness at the heel: +- 4mm

Height at the tip: +- 37mm

$2500 Including Paypalfees, a DHL shipping worldwide with tracking number and insurance

..and the exact finger stones you need in order to maintain the finish over the years.

It's a lucky knife: I guess one of the only Honyaki you can use everyday and keep in a similar condition for ever.

I got the knife in new condition, and optimized as much as I could.

There is NO low spots.

You can refresh the edge on your favorite Jnat and get a clean result.

In the best case you use a soft Ohira uchigumori and get this surface below the shinogi line (the light is not very friendly here):

Actually this surface on the Ha is extremely close to the final/actual result.

The surface under the haze is extremely clean, that means you can use a slightly harder or finer Jnat and the result will be beautiful too.

Naturally, compared to this soft Ohira uchigumori, the harder and finer the Jnat, the worse the result will be.

The ura remains untouched and has seen only the finest natural stone (a Narutaki Jizuya, HS 50, about 2μm grain size) and Kanayama leather strops (#20000 & #50000)

For the ura you may use any fine stone and even the hardest you have.

The mirror is very fine/glossy so you ou can easily refresh it. Use some cotton and car polish.

If you have any question, feel free to ask ;-)

Last edited:
Killer deal! The polish itself on that is worth more than the asking price in my opinion.

Yes, it‘s been a huge amount of work and material used here.
I did it with my best conscience and didn‘t count the hours past for each step.
The mirror on the back was easy, the geometry was hardcore but the surface on ha, Ji and the transition ha/ji was at my limits..

Killer deal! The polish itself on that is worth more than the asking price in my opinion.

yes, with say, $10/hour and the material it's more than 2k.
(ok, I didn't count but the estimate is quite honest)

Anyway, I guess the result as finished object/thing and cutting tool is worth anything.

wow beautiful, and awesome video!

This is ridiculously awesome... and how many knives on bst have their own YouTube video

Yoshikazu or Tatsuo?

Any kanji on the tang?

Any idea when it was forged?

This is truly a legendary blade with provenance. An example of beauty and perfection for the ages.

I have done business with this seller on multiple occasions in the past. IME- Always honest, attentive, patient, and respectful: I can confidently vouch for this seller!

If this blade is still around when I get the funds, I would buy it just to study. A standard of excellence and the work of a master.

It hurts to see noone is taking this. Even at the original price its a super deal if you want to spend this kind of money. The blade alone is already stunning. And thats not counting the hours nutmeg put into this. GLWS!

It hurts to see noone is taking this. Even at the original price its a super deal if you want to spend this kind of money. The blade alone is already stunning. And thats not counting the hours nutmeg put into this. GLWS!

Thanks for your comment.

Yes, putting hundreds of hours of work aside, I can't imagine a "better" yanagi :

_Best finish I've ever seen and easiest to maintain.
_Perfect geometry, great sharpness and easiest to maintain.

Last edited:
I have a 300mm white #1 from Yoshikazu coming in soon, but with his standard Honyaki polish. The contrast on this one looks incredible.

I just couldn’t do this justice. Watched the vid on KMS before and felt like a first grader... can’t believe you are passing this on. Salute!

I just couldn’t do this justice. Watched the vid on KMS before and felt like a first grader... can’t believe you are passing this on. Salute!
I'm done with this knife!
It's like a milestone for me but I've spent more time at optimizing the blade than one would cut with it in 10 years.
I also have now a very costly family project so I'm comfortable with selling the knife.

Real perfection! Someday in future I ll have something like this. GLWS

The summer sale is ending..

$2300
including Paypal fees ($57), a DHL shipping worldwide with tracking number and complete insurance ($82)

..and the exact finger stones you need in order to maintain the same finish over the years (priceless).

this knife is so sick i'd buy it immediately if y had the spare cash, which i'm far from. GLWS

Back