• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Unknown Honyaki yanagiba 300

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoff_nocon

Reaction score
I would like to sell this honyaki yangi 300mm. Steel, maker, mizu/aburo is unknown. Very nice steel though. Easy to sharpen. Knife has been used but as you can see its in excellent condition. Even the ura looks close to new. Perfect for those who wants to try polishing honyakis. The prev owner did an amazing job in flattening the bevel. You can use any jnat to polish it with ease. Id say its abou 98% flat. Shinogi is super crisp and straight from heel to tip. Would like to sell it for 520usd including shipping and fees all in

When i first got it. It was finished at 400grit. Very even finish by the prev owner but need more polishing. Used a 1k -aoto-suita-uchigumori. All bench stones no fingerstones. Shows you how easy it is to polsih. Also lightly etched to bring out the white line

Very beautiful hamon. Seems a great price though I am not very knowledgeable.

I like the kanji as well though I have No clue as to the meaning

Glws

Back