Uses for 1200 Atoma, Experience Ordering from Metalmaster?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to provide a current data point, I placed an order with MM for a single stone 8 days ago and just received an email with SAL tracking info.

I had not sent any emails or requested tracking info be provided.

I'm pleased with this so far (and I am not impatient, but excited to have the stone arrive when it gets here).

Cheers,
Blair

I placed an order from his ebay store on the 11th. Not heard anything yet but it's only been 5 days.

Just to provide a current data point, I placed an order with MM for a single stone 8 days ago and just received an email with SAL tracking info.

I had not sent any emails or requested tracking info be provided.

I'm pleased with this so far (and I am not impatient, but excited to have the stone arrive when it gets here).

Cheers,
Blair

As a follow-up to this, I have just received the stone I ordered from MM. So to recap, it is in my hands 15 total days after the order was placed on his website - 8 days between order and when MM shipped via SAL, and then 7 more days for SAL to deliver from Japan to Canada. I think this is pretty darn quick overall - I am very pleased!

Interestingly, there is no sign of any of the stamps shown on the website pics. However, the stone appears to my eye to be dead flat with a great sharpening surface...maybe that is why the stamps are gone? (This is not an issue to me at all...I'll just keep MM's pics of the stone for a reference on the stamps...I intended to put the stone to use, so those stamps were doomed anyhow...lol!)

Cheers,
Blair

Wow only 7 days for SAL? I'll consider passing on EMS in the future

Hi Tanner,

Yes - just 7 days to arrive via SAL...and only $5 to ship an 1167g stone. I was very happily surprised to see it today - I was figuring a couple more weeks of waiting.

Cheers,
Blair

A friend of mine ordered 2 petty's about 3 months ago.. still no show. No reaction to emails either. He just gave up and contacted paypal...
I caved in and ordered a stone a week ago, hope it will show up eventually.....

I got a shipping notification today for an order placed November 11th.

I have a stone from him, no issues to speak of...I liek my stone:)

The tracking number provided has now expired. I'm beginning to think I might not receive my order.

Well @palmroyal please dondt call Metalmaster an amateur! (Join Date Sep 2016.... )

He is not really good in english and so the communication is not really possible.
Dondt forget that after its shipped outside of japan the other shipping partners can also fck up everything.

Use EMS and Paypal so it shouldnt be a problem if a problem comes.

What i just heard form other knifeguys with the local shipping services in germany makes me thank god that all my orders arrived!! ("hermes" for example gives you a 80% chance that it will never arrive)

Seeya, daniel!

I'm waiting since more than a month after the order was placed. No e-mail replies at all. No tracking number. Will soon recall payment.

Perhaps wait a little longer. Did you use EMS or SAL?

Perhaps wait a little longer. Did you use EMS or SAL?

I am waiting a bit, but still trying to at least get a reply of some sort. I used SAL, which I know takes longer time. However, not getting a single reply from any of the e-mail addresses found and tried in both english and (google translated) japanese is kind of frustrating.

Ive had him ship within a week and had him cancel an order a few weeks later, so it can be a crapshoot

I am waiting a bit, but still trying to at least get a reply of some sort. I used SAL, which I know takes longer time. However, not getting a single reply from any of the e-mail addresses found and tried in both english and (google translated) japanese is k ind of frustrating.

I'm still trying to hit the lottery - I don't buy tickets but I still think I have a better chance.

Any quick perusal re Metalmaster on here will confirm that 1) you can save a few bucks buying from him, 2) he is not responsive to queries or communication and 3) he is not predictable on shipping. If saving 5 bucks is worth being in limbo until your order arrives he's great. If you value customer service and want to know when your package will arrive there are alternatives.

I've not heard of anyone that didn't eventually receive their order but that business model does not work for me.

Just to update, my stones arrived today from MM. Took just over 5 weeks.

Whatcha get dwalker?

I got an assortment of Tama Honyama Aoto Nagura. I wanted to test the waters with him on a small order before getting a pricey stone. I've used one of them and so far I really like it. My first collectors grade stone is on the way from Watanabe, an Aka renge suita.

Back