Victorinox Re-Rehandle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the second rehandle that I've done on my Vnox Swiss Classic. The first rehandle was with an ebony / snakewood octagonal handle that I made myself, but I felt it had a bit too much going on for such a plain blade. The second rehandle I did with a walnut handle that originally came from a Kagekiyo gyuto, which I reshaped from an oval cross-section to a heart shaped or shield shaped cross-section, refinished and then installed on the Vnox.

This is the second rehandle that I've done on my Vnox Swiss Classic. The first rehandle was with an ebony / snakewood octagonal handle that I made myself, but I felt it had a bit too much going on for such a plain blade. The second rehandle I did with a walnut handle that originally came from a Kagekiyo gyuto, which I reshaped from an oval cross-section to a heart shaped or shield shaped cross-section, refinished and then installed on the Vnox.
Did it require a lot of grinding on the tang? Or is it small enough to fit into a Wa handle without much fuss?
Been wanting to do this to my fibrox

Did it require a lot of grinding on the tang? Or is it small enough to fit into a Wa handle without much fuss?
Been wanting to do this to my fibrox
Like cwk.v said, a bit of cutting / grinding is needed to bring the tang down to a size where it can comfortably be installed into a wa handle and I also used a dremel with a cutting / grinding attachment to reshape the tang.

To give you an idea of the amount of cutting / grinding required, this is what the tang looked like after I removed the original handle:

I documented the whole reahandling process in the post linked below if you are interested. The first 15 images are of the finished product, so skip to image 16 if you want to see the modifications.

Back