• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD vtoku core , stainless clad, wildly entertaining, precise execution

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MAybe you did not get what you wanted for christmas, well.... time to treat yourself.

Full size chef. 8"+ length and about 2" height at heel, a little less than an 1/8" at the thickest. Japanese vtoku2 core, stainless cladding steel. This is the stuff that blade gallery carries from Takefu steel.

The grip is a really awesome pc of dyed and stabilized curly wood. I honestly don't remember how i got it but its tops. There is purple and beige streaks in the background of that electric blue.

The pin is peened/domed titanium, the ferrule is fat carbon from Lithuania.

The design is something I have been playing with and evolving for awhile. Sculpted neck, fullers, convexed bevels, chamfered spine, full distal taper, edge sharpened and polished to a mirror.

Choke up on the pinch grip and prepare your meal with ease. In the picture my hand is relaxed despite the skin folds , lol.

Be amazed at the contact with the edge on your board. Enjoy the satisfaction of cutting ingredients into just the right size shapes.

Observe how the core steel's dark etch gives way to an iridescent patina. Thank me for how your hand feels after each prep session.......noticeably less fatigued than you are used to.

Thats right, Im making some bold claims. Its yours for $685 shipped CONUS, workmanship is guaranteed. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking.

EKFVxAX.jpg
amR3K2L.jpg
D7JN2TR.jpg
fKIL1wj.jpg
LFW0xVI.jpg

I like the design Tim! Looks really comfortable. Combine that with your S-grind and it's got to be a beast. I am still loving mine.

I have been toying with the idea of making a knife like this with a handle that facilitates the pinch grip more naturally. I was thinking about it with a knife that had a finger rest at the heel and really liked having the heel under my hand and the knife felt more like an extension of my hand. There are a few makers that design the knife where it looks like a handle is attached to a cutting tool (Majime and Oatley are the first that come to mind) and this captures that look/feeling. I've wanted to see how that translated into ergonomics. Hopefully I can snag one of these one day, it's like you read my mind.

I hate you, no! ;-)

My god, I can't believe there's a 2,800 euro version of that. I might just have to get that to have on a shelf and whip it out at parties.

i just like adding curves into wherever i can ... break up the straight lines, the expected stuff....its more fun when you pick it up and it feels completely different than you thought it would. waay lighter , sharp, balanced

I was just curious if this sold. I think it is one that needs to be felt in the hand to appreciate. I bet it sells at NYCKS. I should've dm'ed you. I am in a major cutting phase right now, no new pieces, but yours is one of the ones I am keeping.

Back