Yet another magnet calculator

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icanhaschzbrgr

ill-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello,

If you've ever attempted to build a wooden magnetic knife holder with recessed magnets, you probably know how challenging it can be to find the right magnets. For me, it's always a struggle. Every few years, I try to construct a magnetic holder and consistently have a hard time recalling the appropriate size and grade of magnets, as well as how close to the surface they need to be placed.

While there are numerous online magnetic calculators available, they typically provide measurements like pull force or magnetic field strength in gauss, among others. However, what I really need to know is whether placing a magnet with specific dimensions 3mm beneath the wood surface will suffice to hold a knife securely. That's why I created my own calculator, tailored specifically for this purpose. It might be helpful for those of you planning to make your own knife holders.

Visit my calculator here: https://kudris.com/magnet/en.html

This is great, thanks! I haven't actually done this yet, but one of the main reasons I hadn't was that I felt like I didn't have a good understanding of what magnets to get and how deep to position them. So this is super.

IMG_0643.jpeg

This guy maths.

I have no idea what it all means, but I like it.

Hello,

If you've ever attempted to build a wooden magnetic knife holder with recessed magnets, you probably know how challenging it can be to find the right magnets. For me, it's always a struggle. Every few years, I try to construct a magnetic holder and consistently have a hard time recalling the appropriate size and grade of magnets, as well as how close to the surface they need to be placed.

While there are numerous online magnetic calculators available, they typically provide measurements like pull force or magnetic field strength in gauss, among others. However, what I really need to know is whether placing a magnet with specific dimensions 3mm beneath the wood surface will suffice to hold a knife securely. That's why I created my own calculator, tailored specifically for this purpose. It might be helpful for those of you planning to make your own knife holders.

Visit my calculator here: https://kudris.com/magnet/en.html

Good to see you coming around Anton!

I always appreciate a custom tool!

Your knives and handles have been looking sick!

Back