• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wakui Kurouchi 270 gyuto, Ikeda white n2 240 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Putting up for sale my Wakui

Nice blade, actually bit longer 278 mm on the edge, 54 mm tall.
Like all Wakuis this knife as a super grind and it s the thinnest 270 mm gyuto I ever had.
Come with a red ebony handle, never sharpened and I used only few times, near to new conditions.
Want 250 usd

Second blade is my Ikeda 240

Amazing blade, thin with a nice finish and grind. Just not my taste anymore (I like blade over 52 mm tall). Used it for a few times , only touched up on fine stone once.

Want 280 usd for it

I will post some photos tomorrow.

Cheers Matteo

Is this old master Yoshikasu Ikeda? Or the young Ikeda? Also, what is the heal height?

That is a good deal! Say, is it Kasumi or Suminigashi?

Some pictures
I was checking now the Ikeda and I saw a little crack on the bottom of it, few mm nothing more.

1487662654742.jpg

1487662697631.jpg

1487662711715.jpg

Last try before I will change my mind. I will share the shipment with buyers outside Europe. Inside Europe I will include it in the price! Thanks Matteo

Back