• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Watanabe 240 SS clad custom gyuto W/custom handle.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripleq

Reaction score
I purchased this knife from Shinichi on behalf a friend who cannot communicate in English. This was her first J-knife. When it arrived, I gave her a cantaloupe to test it with. She never touched the knife again. Too much knife and intimidated to use it, she asked me to sell it for her so here it is. BNIB + 1 use.

Watanabe SS clad Blue2 gyuto.
240mm tip to heel (actual).
Customized thinner toward the tip.
Weight 229 grams.
Height at heel: 55mm.

Handle is teak with ebony hilt, brass spacer and redwood cap. The handle was sold and installed by Shinichi. Made by a carpenter that he works with occasionally. I'm not sure if my pics do the handle justice but it is extremely well crafted and very comfortable. The design and resulting taper is well thought out.

Price: All in this knife cost ~ 665USD. My ask is 565USD paypalled and shipped.
Shipping: Included to Canada and the ConUS traceable and insured. International - I am familiar with shipping internationally and the concerns of those importing. I am willing to ship internationally but it does come with a lot of additional overhead. If you wish to inquire about international shipments kindly do so with a serious intention to purchase.

Best contact method for comments or questions is PM. Thanks for looking.

Ships in the original box.

Last edited:
If the sale falls through, I am in for your asking price. LMK.

Sold. Thank you to everyone that commented and showed interest in a purchase.

Latest posts

Back