What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys gotta hear this ****.
original mix. then a live version. i dont know which is better. trying to replicate the sax/trombone or what it now is on my synth. just for for fun.
really bad ass tune...

this is a very interesting audiobook. 4 parts. about 28h in total. well worth the time.

this is a very interesting audiobook. 4 parts. about 28h in total. well worth the time.
Fantastic book. I dedicated a lot of my life professionally thinking about atomic bombs, and Rhodes has the beginning history nailed down with this book. Very engaging read, even for people who aren't nuclear scientists. The sequel, about the hydrogen bomb, is very good too. He has a most recent book on nuclear weapons/geopolitics, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

That's a terrific book. I've read it twice now, and will read it again one day. I don't think most people realize what a massive industrial effort was behind it, which only America was capable of. It's why Germany and Japan didn't make much progress on a weapon during the war, although they tried to a limited extent.

I have the sequel book on the development of the Hydrogen bomb, but it starts with a deep dive into the espionage background between the US and the Soviets, and I've never managed to get past that part. I should take another shot at it.

i have now heard the second book, the thermo-N book too (dont remeber the name of the book now though, look it up). its on youtube, 3 parts. i'd say that around 50% in then they start to get technical/interesting. before that its mostly about the spies.

but guys listen to this. wave compute 360. the first or one of the first wavetable synths. it creates totally new waveforms. and this old restored one sounds extraordinarily bad ass and beautiful imo.

this guy also builds and sell moog modular format modules (replicas) as moslab.

and then it kinda sounds like this:
and this is a monosynth that is multitracked/recorded

mother of fukking god!

you have the correct volume for listening when you feel your clothes are vibrating/flapping around. this is the correct listening volume.

I'm really into Iggy Pop's new album called "Free".
Was afraid it would be impossible to follow "Post Pop Depression", but he's gone and made a really great album again.
Highly recommend it!

shoutout to all musicians in the entire world today!

there are some lessons to be learned here for you....

this guy makes all the sounds in realtime using only one single synth (and its fukking monophonic), and the synth was made in the 60ies... yeah. and it sounds better than 99% of the crap on radio today
even when they use like 100 channels/stems/sounds of audio as they usually do for one song.

Last edited:
i showed these 2 to my buddy but he said he had better, and well maybe it is better.

Last edited:
muddafukka! full blast on these imo. you really need to FEEL these ones.

original popcorn song. from original vilyl release. made on a obviously multitracked moog minimoog. this was also the first song to ever use a drum machine, or at least one of the first.
i love it, those raw electrons going through resistors and caps and transistors. todays **** is way too clean and perfect sounding. this sounds like an acoustic instrument.

i heard a recreation though. only first half is popcorn

this guy is ****ing golden though. listen to this. i sent this to my brother to play in his car. (to annoy people) hahaha best **** i heard rhis year.

hey guys you want to hear something really fukn good?

there is a long "intro" to this one, and i'd say the peak of the song happens at about 8:40 in.
one of the best songs i own on vinyl, really really badass.
i still suggest you listen from the start otherwise the peak don't mean anything.

this is the national anthem of sweden. it should be at least.
makes me cry every time i hear it. and i'm not really into crying. usually

:)

i identify with the guy in the shower at 1:39

deep ****.

house-ish ****

reminds me of oslo. thats pretty much how it sounds in oslo on the real clubs. more or less. but there is also some type of beat and bass going on.

Back