What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People Under The Stairs - one of my favorite hip hop duos that is great for listening in most situations. I like to play them on my Opus #1 while getting ready for work.

Miles Davis' Bitches Brew - I am slowly getting into jazz and this is great for the type of complex styles I lean torwards

Josef Leimberg's Astral Progressions - Josef worked on Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly and gave it all of its awesomeness. This is an outer space jazz vibe that needs to be listened to by everyone

Roger Waters - Amused To Death

Really great and underrated album. Initially I was disappointed that it didn't sound just like a Floyd album. Now I think Roger Waters is very brave to move forward instead of capitalizing on his past work.

Lars

You can only milk the Floyd cow so much before it goes stale or dry (or you die of old age)

Floetry - An R&B duo that a friend of mine was a fan of. He always joked that they were great in singing talent but lacking in the looks department.

I decided to give them a shot but it is reminding me why I decided not to be an R&B fan many a year ago.

Come on people, I know this isn't an audiophile forum but we can do better than this. Like you don't listen to music while cooking, driving, or playing video games. I know we listen to music just as often as we drink if not more so. I want to hear what you tune into on the radio. Hell even podcasts would be welcome in my opinion. Somebody must be buying up all of those audio books.

You can only milk the Floyd cow so much before it goes stale or dry (or you die of old age)
Don't know if that was directed at me or Roger Waters, but I do realize my two last posts have been about RW albums..
To my defence, they are really great albums!

The Floyd still has impressive sales on their back catalogue and both RW and David Gilmour have no problems attracting punters for their tours, playing old Floyd stuff mixed with their solo work.
So I guess you CAN milk the cow(or pig) if you want to..

Lars

Come on people, I know this isn't an audiophile forum but we can do better than this. Like you don't listen to music while cooking, driving, or playing video games. I know we listen to music just as often as we drink if not more so. I want to hear what you tune into on the radio. Hell even podcasts would be welcome in my opinion. Somebody must be buying up all of those audio books.

I just listened to this on a car ride to the grocery store. I don't ever listen to the radio.

[video=youtube;-xhJx6UR4Vw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xhJx6UR4Vw[/video]

And then this while cooking dinner.

[video=youtube;MSEQZ8reJA4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSEQZ8reJA4[/video]

For podcasts, I listen to Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast, NFZ, Doug Stanhope's Podcast, Norm Macdonald Live, and Marc Maron if I know the guest.

There tends to be a lot of more classic rock listed here...so I'm sticking my neck out and calling out Lindsay Stirling.

Fantastic talent with the violin/pop that's complex enough to take me to my happy place.

And then this while cooking dinner.

[video=youtube;MSEQZ8reJA4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSEQZ8reJA4[/video]

I never thought about listening to one long song while cooking. I bet this helps with timing also. I will give this some thought.

A fair bit of Tool has been playing for me lately.

As well as Meg Mac's new album.

With a 4 month old I haven't really had the time to chill and enjoy tunes while cooked but when I do it is some nice jazz LPs

Had a listen to Talking Heads' Stop Making Sense again yesterday. Now I'm gonna have to dust off the VCR (don't think the video was ever released on DVD).

Stop making sense is an awesome concert film.. Amazon have the DVD..

Lars

Two tracks into the new Queens Of The Stone Age album Villains and it's turning out really great so far. Seems touring with Iggy Pop served them well, the music very much has a party vibe so far. It's produced by Mark Ronson and thats seems like a really good idea as well.. Hoping the rest of the album is nice too..

Lars

Had a listen to Talking Heads' Stop Making Sense again yesterday. Now I'm gonna have to dust off the VCR (don't think the video was ever released on DVD).

Very clever sig Nemo, but if the wife finds she has been replaced by a knife it may still get you in trouble.

Edit. Totally agree re: Talking Heads.

Alice Coltrane- Ptah, the El Daoud in 24/96 FLAC this morning

JJ Doom - Key to the Kuffs

I must have been asleep when this album was released. It is hard to keep up with new music when you have responsibilities.

A whole lot of early-mid Black Flag (nothing later than My War).

Dead Kennedys.

Early 80s punk & hardcore seem suddenly crazy relevant.

Also They Might Be Giants' Lincoln, because it's a great album when everything is terrible.

The War On Drugs - A Deeper Understanding

Lars

Is that a podcast? I have seen a couple documentaries on it online regarding the war on drugs but dont remember this one

No, actually it's a band. Their latest album is called A Deeper Understanding.

The political war on drugs is strange though. Here in denmark smoking cannabis is illegal, but the docter can give you amphetamine "for your health". Silly bureaucrats..

Lars

Back