what are you shooting? (handgun thread)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5648.jpg

Oh man my next favorite thing...

Current lineup:
Ruger Mark I .22
Ruger p95 9mm
Ruger LCRX .38sp
Springfield XDM competition .40

Need to add a .44 mag and a .45 still ;)

Zad

Oh man my next favorite thing...

Current lineup:
Ruger Mark I .22
Ruger p95 9mm
Ruger LCRX .38sp
Springfield XDM competition .40

Just found this thread. Didn't think there would be so many firearms peeps on this board. I work for a state DOC and am an instructor there. I shoot a lot of 9mm from my duty gun which is a M&P 9. I also carry my M&P Shield off duty religiously and shoot it regularly. I have been using firearms professionally for many years as both a civilian and in military service.

A ton of quality pistols mentioned on this thread. I do really like the STI guns if price is no object. I have shot 2 of their offerings and it is basically impossible to miss inside 25 yards with their 9mm. I was shooting a 4" steel plate with one at a range exhibition and was almost rapid firing at 25 yards and seriously not missing the plate. That was the STI Tactical.

Panda or anyone else who is planning to purchase a firearm please get some training and then make sure you practice regularly. Shooting is a skill and requires training to be proficient. Have fun too.

I've been going to the range once a week with half a case of ammo at a time.
Just found this thread. Didn't think there would be so many firearms peeps on this board. I work for a state DOC and am an instructor there. I shoot a lot of 9mm from my duty gun which is a M&P 9. I also carry my M&P Shield off duty religiously and shoot it regularly. I have been using firearms professionally for many years as both a civilian and in military service.

A ton of quality pistols mentioned on this thread. I do really like the STI guns if price is no object. I have shot 2 of their offerings and it is basically impossible to miss inside 25 yards with their 9mm. I was shooting a 4" steel plate with one at a range exhibition and was almost rapid firing at 25 yards and seriously not missing the plate. That was the STI Tactical.

Panda or anyone else who is planning to purchase a firearm please get some training and then make sure you practice regularly. Shooting is a skill and requires training to be proficient. Have fun too.

Wow DOC Department of Commerce with guns? I urge to anyone buying guns to learn about them also. there are NO gun accidents, the gun DOES NOT fire accidentally. there is what is called negligence.

Idont actually shoot guns anymore. But i used to be in a club a few years ago. I'm not a very good at target/bullseye but quite good at field shoots.

Best guns i have used are the: smith PC 1911 hybrid 945 this in an iprovement of the 1911 imo.
15095_1.jpg

i also really really like the PC 952 6 inch god damn that gun is good. It almost shoots itself! really crisp trigger, short throw, long sight base, very light gun at like 1100g, its like a surgical instrument.
30992_1.jpg

i also kinda like the old model 52 in .38WC good plinker.

best revolver i have shot is the old model 19, but the ones i used was fully tricked out with flatmilled 8 inch barrel and a trigger light as a feather and smoth as silk. they had to remove the SA notch because it was too light for comp. I could shoot some groups hole in hole at 15m 5 shots. And i could basically call the shots as they left the barrel lol. real precision instrument. you knew when you F:ed up a good group immediately. and it was all user related unfortunately :) I basically have 2 good 5 shot groups in me on a 50 round session.

But i think the sig x6 and x5 SA single stack ones are right up there (i have small hands) in both precision and quality. It would be a hard choice for me to choose between a SS 952 6 inch and an x6 SS 6 inch. I think these are the best guns ever made.
I would have probably gotten this one if i continued shooting. 220 x6 in .45, a worthy toy!
2017_08_01-P220-X-Six-II-PPC-linkes-Profil-kleiner-1124x690.jpg

I also like the PC 1911 9 mil. this one. you can get very surgical with this one too. shoots like an airgun pretty much.
76740.jpg

I think the worst gun i ever shot was a smith 41. what a POS, wonky grip, totally unreliable no matter it its clean or dirty, sh1tty trigger. generally just a flawed design imo. i think my gamo airgun was better imo. and it cost like 150€. thank god for european 22s!

Wow DOC Department of Commerce with guns? I urge to anyone buying guns to learn about them also. there are NO gun accidents, the gun DOES NOT fire accidentally. there is what is called negligence.

Try a different C word... Corrections. Parole and probation in the community to be exact.

Idont actually shoot guns anymore. But i used to be in a club a few years ago. I'm not a very good at target/bullseye but quite good at field shoots.

Best guns i have used are the: smith PC 1911 hybrid 945 this in an iprovement of the 1911 imo.
15095_1.jpg

i also really really like the PC 952 6 inch god damn that gun is good. It almost shoots itself! really crisp trigger, short throw, long sight base, very light gun at like 1100g, its like a surgical instrument.
30992_1.jpg

i also kinda like the old model 52 in .38WC good plinker.

best revolver i have shot is the old model 19, but the ones i used was fully tricked out with flatmilled 8 inch barrel and a trigger light as a feather and smoth as silk. they had to remove the SA notch because it was too light for comp. I could shoot some groups hole in hole at 15m 5 shots. And i could basically call the shots as they left the barrel lol. real precision instrument. you knew when you F:ed up a good group immediately. and it was all user related unfortunately :) I basically have 2 good 5 shot groups in me on a 50 round session.

But i think the sig x6 and x5 SA single stack ones are right up there (i have small hands) in both precision and quality. It would be a hard choice for me to choose between a SS 952 6 inch and an x6 SS 6 inch. I think these are the best guns ever made.
I would have probably gotten this one if i continued shooting. 220 x6 in .45, a worthy toy!
2017_08_01-P220-X-Six-II-PPC-linkes-Profil-kleiner-1124x690.jpg

I also like the PC 1911 9 mil. this one. you can get very surgical with this one too. shoots like an airgun pretty much.
76740.jpg

I think the worst gun i ever shot was a smith 41. what a POS, wonky grip, totally unreliable no matter it its clean or dirty, sh1tty trigger. generally just a flawed design imo. i think my gamo airgun was better imo. and it cost like 150€. thank god for european 22s!

Boy! I can disagree with you more about the Smith 41. I shot one competitively out to 100 yards in metallic pistol silhouette for several years and I hunted with the same gun for snowshoe rabbit and grouse (on company time as a forester but that is another story). Won my share of metals and killed I don't know how many birds and rabbits with the gun. It was far better than the average .22 rifle for accuracy if you could do your part. Pure tack driver and I never had any problems with reliability.

Slightly off topic, but how does one sell a handgun? I can't advertise on ebay or craigslist. I could take it to a sporting goods store that buys them, but I would not get a very good price. What are my other options?

Check the rules at the local gun shows, one can often bring a gun there and do a private sale.

People walk around our shows with a cased pistol and a sign taped to their back mentioning what they have to sell, or drop a flag in the muzzle of a slung rifle saying "for sale". Plus one can quickly ask several dealers what the value is at such an event, if you're not sure.

Boy! I can disagree with you more about the Smith 41. I shot one competitively out to 100 yards in metallic pistol silhouette for several years and I hunted with the same gun for snowshoe rabbit and grouse (on company time as a forester but that is another story). Won my share of metals and killed I don't know how many birds and rabbits with the gun. It was far better than the average .22 rifle for accuracy if you could do your part. Pure tack driver and I never had any problems with reliability.

yeah i guess its the problem with 22s, one can be good and the next one pure crap, its just luck. The one i used to shoot could never get through a whole mag without something happening, no matter the ammo. really like s&w guns though. the older stuff i posted above is simply as good as it gets imo. especially the 952 6 inch. my oh my...

Back