What Japanese kind of knife for cook meat.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heino

Reaction score
What kind of Japanese knife do you use to carve out roast beef, roast pork and other cook meat before serving them

thank you, nice site you link to.. looking forward to expand my collection, only just started but beep is some nice knives i got from JNS.. got a santoku and Nakiri need to expand. so i can all my old knives out :)

What go get next ? Petty, Sujihiki any more good advice what to get :)

Heino,

After a Nakiri and a Santoku, what you will need/use more than perhaps anything else is a Gyuto!

Maybe one of Maksim's Western handled Itinomonn 240 Gyutos ...... :D

Up to you, of course :wink:

Well guess a gyuto have it good think but a my cooking life i have been using a santoku shaped knife.

If get gyuto it will with wa handle. Love the old style look and feel

Well guess a gyuto have it good think but a my cooking life i have been using a santoku shaped knife.

Well the Santoku is the all purpose Japanese kitchen knife :). I have one and love it.

I say get whatever you like the idea/look of most. If it doesn't meet all your needs, you can always buy something else (and you will buy something else, believe me:thumbsup:)

All the best, Heino!

Cheers,

J

Hello Heino, and welcome to the KKF. Dejligt at se endnu en dansker herinde :) A sujihiki is the obvious choice for carving roasts in "normal" dinner sized slices. For slicing really thin slices of dence meat - as for instance a roast beef or with meat used for sandwiches I prefer using a yanagiba. A sujihiki, however, is more versatile and easy to use. The Itonomonns from JNS are great knives.
- Kim.

ja der nok ikke flest dansker her inde.. :)

and yes i have look at the yanagiba, but think i will go for a sujihiki first and the time will tell :)

Latest posts

Back