Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Jim

Reaction score
Pork cutlets, baked taters,string beans.

Vertigo

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
Banned
Reaction score
ZOMG that looks good!

Avishar

Reaction score

Uploaded with ImageShack.us T-Bone, Roasted Garlic Onion Enoki & Oyster Mushroom Pan Jus, Grilled Sugar glazed asparagus, Baked Potato, Sweet Potato, Homemade lemon buttermilk rolls, apologize for the terrible quality & the lack of any plating skills, imageshack won't allow 9 mb files >:[

Jim

Reaction score
Long overdue BBQ today-
Turkey breast with plum wood, one juicy bird!

Jim

Reaction score
Hey if you are desperate I will run a sammich over to you at work!

Jim

Reaction score
Pending pork butts-

Jim

Reaction score
Butts rested overnight- here they are waiting to go in the cooker-

Jim

Reaction score
Here are the Butts done and resting!

steeley

GoogleFu San
Reaction score
Good god man there are conventions about this type of torture.:bbqsmoker:

monty

Reaction score
Jim, looks like you have more than the butt there. Looks like a whole shoulder to me. Nice!!

monty

Reaction score
Here are my ribs from Monday. Believe it or not there is no sauce on these ribs.

Pensacola Tiger

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are my ribs from Monday. Believe it or not there is no sauce on these ribs.
I find that hard to believe, so please FedEx them overnight so I may make a personal determination. I promise to return the bones.

K-Fed

Reaction score
Sorry about the thread redundency... Just uploaded a few more. I apologize in advance for all the large pictures.

stereo.pete

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My father-in-law dropped some meatballs off for the wifey and I decided to do something a little different. Here we have a spinach salad with simple vinaigrette, roasted almond shavings, strawberries and meatballs topped off with a little lemon zest. It was surprisingly delicious!

cnochef

Reaction score
Long overdue BBQ today-
Turkey breast with plum wood, one juicy bird!

Beautiful looking bird, Jim! To change the subject, is that a Sani-Tuff cutting board you're using? If so, how do you like it?

Jim

Reaction score
Beautiful looking bird, Jim! To change the subject, is that a Sani-Tuff cutting board you're using? If so, how do you like it?
It is a Sani Tuff board Chef, I prefer it over most other boards. I think it is the most knife friendly. Easy to sanitize also. It can be soaked in a bleach solution, put in the dishwasher and after a decade or so of use you can sand it a little to freshen it up. I would not recommend the 1/2 inch board in the larger sizes. They can take a set if stored on edge. But even that is easy to fix in a warm oven on a sheet pan.

MikeZ

Banned
Reaction score
thats a sexy breast right there... mmm id love to get my mouth on that

SpikeC

Reaction score
:bbqsmoker:The local store has pork ribs on sale, butt in the case they are all trimmed, so I asked if they had any still in the bag, and they accommodated me. I smear mustard all over them, then coat with my home made dry rub. The went into the Big Green Egg at 190º for 7 hours, and due to a late start they then rested till today in the fridge, reheating under foil at a bare 200º for a couple of hours. I made some salad with napa cabbage and cucumber with a ceasarish dressings. I had some carrots that held up a chicken while it roasted. I sliced then fairly thickly and browned them in some olive oil.
No pics of the plating, butt got a record of the Q.
The meat slides off the bone butt still has some bite to it!