What's in your bag?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1069.jpg

Sorry,

L-R Moritaka 250
Tojiro bread
A friend gave me the Suji, Semi stainless. takes a crazy edge. Kanehide maybe?
Kochi Stainless clad K tip 240
Ikazuchi 240
A custom in AEB-L
Masamoto CT
A $40 carbon Masahiro 210 gyuto that is awesome for the price.
Fujiwara Carbon Petty
Hiromoto SLD Honesuki
CCK 1303
Mac Black

Do any of you guys bring sharpening stones? If so, how do you transport them?

I used to until it got stolen. I kept it in the plastic case it came in.

Well that's lame! Sorry to hear that. Did someone take it from your bag or while in a locker or something?

Do any of you guys bring sharpening stones? If so, how do you transport them?

I carry an old king 800/4000 combo. The 800 side is almost gone, and I use it mainly when sharpening other people's knives. The 4000 side is great for touch ups. I carry it in a small wooden box. I use a backack.

I used to carry a king 1000/6000 then some kid dished it out plus my bag got way to heavy. I keep a strop and diapaste. Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy when I use it though.

No stones. If a knife cant go one shift without sharpening something is very very wrong and when the heck am I going to sharpen a knife mid shift? I do keep a steel but never use it.

No stones. If a knife cant go one shift without sharpening something is very very wrong and when the heck am I going to sharpen a knife mid shift? I do keep a steel but never use it.

I want to start sharpening on an as needed basis as opposed to before every shift. But you're right... I don't see myself being able doing it mid shift either. I guess it'd still be nice to have in case of emergency though.

I used to carry a king 1000/6000 then some kid dished it out plus my bag got way to heavy. I keep a strop and diapaste. Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy when I use it though.

Who wouldn't want a nice shave with their meal? :lol2:

Here's my humble home kit

Victorinox Fibrox Bread, random Chicago Cutlery Serrated Utility, Victorinox Flexible Fillet, Gesshin Uraku Yanagiba, Global G2 Gyuto, Tramontina Small Chef's/Petty bought at a street market in Bolivia, Misono Swedish Honesuki, and Victorinox Parer. (In the mail: 240mm Tojiro DP Yo-Deba)

When I ate at dardeaus place and met him for the first time, his hat is how I figured out who he was in the kitchen. Still can't believe an open kitchen in Louisiana would allow staff to wear such things :)

Here's my humble home kit

Victorinox Fibrox Bread, random Chicago Cutlery Serrated Utility, Victorinox Flexible Fillet, Gesshin Uraku Yanagiba, Global G2 Gyuto, Tramontina Small Chef's/Petty bought at a street market in Bolivia, Misono Swedish Honesuki, and Victorinox Parer. (In the mail: 240mm Tojiro DP Yo-Deba)

Since NAFTA is still in effect I will send you a quick re-supply of beef as you have so many aquatic culinary tools you must be famished for MidWestern Beef. Don't worry the Global knife stuff sells on ebay, especially with the exchange ?? Get a proper Gyuoto and there are many recommendations on KNFM. The tomato knife is useful for garden weeding.

Happy Valentines day, and get to five knives that work for you, whatever that is for YOU.

So that's the elusive Goat Golfers Global G2 Gyuto or the G5? Grab one, Get on board, Go for it.

(Sorry 7 - 11 day the long way) But VDay is OVER

Well I have been known to make many an aquatic creature tremble ;).....With all the snow we've been having up here you'll need to air drop that package of Midwestern beef but I sure don't mind!.... Regarding my Global Gyuto, if anyone has a Konosuke HD/HD2 or a Suisin INOX honyaki (or anything similar) that needs a loving home I'm all ears haha

Not the whole selection of my bag, but I just finished the saya for my 80mm Hayashi paring knife and it´s going to my kniferoll now.
The blade fits perfectly and won´t slide away. I had an issue before this saya, the knife cuts my knife roll.

sSaR3xp.jpg

That is a serious kit Turbo... and a cool thread! :thumbsup:

LEFT TO RIGHT
SHIGEFUSA YANAGIBA KASUMI 360MM
SHIGEFUSA YANAGIBA KASUMI 240MM
SHIGEFUSA YANAGIBA KASUMI 210MM
SHIGEFUSA GYUTO KASUMI 180MM
SHIGEFUSA SANTOKU KU 165MM
SHIGEFUSA NAKIRI KU 165MM

SHIGS.jpg
AND LAST
SHIGEFUSA DEBA KASUMI 180MM
DEBA.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

Western Day

Prendergast, Tansu, Suisin Inox, Nenox, Tanaka r2, TF 240, Marko Fillet, Harner line knife

IMG_2529.jpg

Suisin Inox 300 sujihiki, Tanaka r2 240, Nenox red 240, Masamoto ks 240, Gesshin Kagekiyo White 2, Kato non workhorse, Mizuno Honyaki, Carter Blue 2 220 gyuto, Two Sticks Forge 220 gyuto, Marko Fillet, Itinomonn Deba, Mario 180 petty. Missing is TF white 1 240 gyuto always in the kit.

gbbMTQ

A packed bag (knives excluded)

Smoke gun
Silicone mats
Blow torch
Spatulas (chocolate work or tamis)
Can opener
Horse strop / Mid grit combination stone / polishing stone
Rust eraser
Thermometer
Offset tweezers
Herb scissors
All round scissors
Fish bone tweezers
Microplane
Small whisk
Brush
Palette
Mandolin
Parisienne
Pen ofc :D
Tape
My notebook is nowhere to be found :/

The few knives shown are
3 1/2" Birchwood parer
165mm Anryu KU nakiri
240mm Konosuke Hd2
Masahiro 210 carbon

Turbo, how are you getting along with the fujiwara? I wish he would release an all carbon one.

Absolutely love it. One of my favorites. I pm'd you

There western handle TF is surprisingly comfortable for me. It's early days for me but my Denka is such a good pro kitchen knife. Stainless clad and AS makes for lower maintenance and high edge retention. It is built for performance cutting with ok food release. I can see why good ones are keepers!

Back