Why do shigs seem to sell so fast?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pc9111

Reaction score
Why do shigs sell so fast compared to other brands on the for sale forum?

I've been trying to keep track of the knives that sell fast on this site, I know dick kicking economics. It does seem the Shigs and Kato's sell so fast as soon as they are posted they sell

supply?
Quality?
mystique?
All three?
Or?

I've been trying to keep track of the knives that sell fast on this site, I know dick kicking economics. It does seem the Shigs and Kato's sell so fast as soon as they are posted they sell

supply?
Quality?
mystique?
All three?
Or?

Smart guy, always do your homework first :)
I dived right into it, and ended up getting a few (a lot) knives that I really shouldn’t have gotten lol.
To answer your question,
Yes, It’s both supply and quality.

Smart not this guy.

I know hush hush don't give away the next maker to take off?

I started buying Toyama and to me they are great but still lag behind the shig and Katos when posted maybe some day they will take off or hopefully not.

Who do you think will be the next Kato or Shig?

Smart not this guy.

I know hush hush don't give away the next maker to take off?

I started buying Toyama and to me they are great but still lag behind the shig and Katos when posted maybe some day they will take off or hopefully not.

Who do you think will be the next Kato or Shig?

A good smith who is very old or due to retire is a good start..

i ordered one from Japan Woodworker a number of years ago and got a prompt message they were out of stock but would I like to back order it. I really didn't know much about the brand but sure why not? About a year later they asked if I still wanted it. A 180 gyuto. I've been very happy with it every since. It wasn't until I joined this forum did I find out they were supposed to be something special.

Back