World's Most Beautiful Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a-9.jpg

I love that knife cheflivengood. @iggy yeah I miss it. I have another one in the works with Cris.

Aesthetically, these are close to my ideal...

04aa7619b5bc24ba4599e239c5d7983b.jpg

I would prefer it with 3 pins & real ebony wood scales instead of bakelite (though the latter would def be my artificial material of choice). Otherwise, aesthetically, this is my perfect knife.

Would you happen to know who the maker is? I usually don't really care about aesthetics, but the simplicity in those really appealed to me.

Would you happen to know who the maker is? I usually don't really care about aesthetics, but the simplicity in those really appealed to me.

Andersson Copra. Expensive though.

Andersson Copra. Expensive though.

I think Anderson Copra has the unique distinction of unironically appearing in both the most beautiful knife thread and the 'ugliest knife ever' thread. I agree that those of yours are stunning and very much belong in this thread.

But jaysis, did he miss the mark with these:

I think Anderson Copra has the unique distinction of unironically appearing in both the most beautiful knife thread and the 'ugliest knife ever' thread. I agree that those of yours are stunning and very much belong in this thread.

Maybe the client had no money for a handle lol. :/

I actually don't own those knives...

I think the above knife is actually more of a reflection of their design background (and theory).

Not to my taste, however, I would still take it over 95% of the knives previewed in this thread. :wink:

Aesthetically, these are close to my ideal...

04aa7619b5bc24ba4599e239c5d7983b.jpg

I would prefer it with 3 pins & real ebony wood scales instead of bakelite (though the latter would def be my artificial material of choice). Otherwise, aesthetically, this is my perfect knife.

I really, really like the look of those.

At what point your grail becomes drawer queen that is only good for these threads?
I suspect that answer will vary from forum member to forum member. What good is having a Burke or DT if you won't actually use it? Same for a HHH (where you can add a much wider range of aesthetics then most of the makers can provide)

The mammoth scales look really nice… doing wa handles this way (scales and core) is a good way to incorporate some interesting materials. It's a bit much for me personally, but I still think it's awesome :knife:

Not feeling that last one. There is a point where knives are overdone, and they crossed it. Too gaudy.

+1 too

If I had to pick some from the ones that have been posted so far, it would be the pair of Copras with the black handles and the pair of Cris Andersen knives iggy owns. Which doesn't mean that some of the other stuff weren't made by very talented artists/craftsmen. Just that I'm neither a fan of damascus blades, nor handles that use a plethora of fancy materials. Like a metal spacers, horn on both ends or a combination of those...

Another good example would be the semi-custom handles James from K&S offers... Sure, I'd rather pick his octagonal brass&bubinga handled Tanaka over the vanilla version (horn&ho) the other vendors sell. But given the choice between a damascus clad zdp-189 Sukenari with it's fancy "double-spacer/horn on both sides-custom handle and a non-damascus PM steel blade with a ebony&horn-ferrule, I would go with the "plain one".

The mammoth scales look really nice… doing wa handles this way (scales and core) is a good way to incorporate some interesting materials. It's a bit much for me personally, but I still think it's awesome :knife:

This was a knife made for me and my love of bling to my specifications. And Matt came through in spades. No doubt this is not a line knife nor home work-horse, rather, when the event calls for it, this is the blade that wows the crowd. No one else will be handling it. The high end sushi parties I throw are imbued with a visually stimulated crowd of all ages, thus, when fine cutting/dicing and mincing my accompanying veggies and roots, this knife makes an appearance. My work is watched closeup by most all of the participants who want to see the color and quality of the rare product I bring, how I choose the slabs and then how I select the sections, grain directions, fat levels, etc., I will be serving. After that I tend to put on a show while slicing using this blade for the miscellaneous product along with my Suji and Yanagiba blades for the fish. These parties may have one or two chefs in them but those chefs are there for the taste sensations as they cannot buy the level of fish quality product I bring and prepare. Like most everything I do in this world, this knife was designed to be outside the normal... by my standards it succeeded in spades. Love it or hate it, admire it or condemn it, most all knife lovers who view it tend to remember it.

Jamie

Seems to match the personality. Enjoy it in good health.

When Xoomg can contain his fiery temper, he's the wriest contributor to this forum. I would also like to see Jamie in action. For the performance.

I love the knife. I seen it a while back and wondered who the lucky owner was. Matt makes some of the best handles imo.

This was a knife made for me and my love of bling to my specifications. And Matt came through in spades. No doubt this is not a line knife nor home work-horse, rather, when the event calls for it, this is the blade that wows the crowd. No one else will be handling it. The high end sushi parties I throw are imbued with a visually stimulated crowd of all ages, thus, when fine cutting/dicing and mincing my accompanying veggies and roots, this knife makes an appearance. My work is watched closeup by most all of the participants who want to see the color and quality of the rare product I bring, how I choose the slabs and then how I select the sections, grain directions, fat levels, etc., I will be serving. After that I tend to put on a show while slicing using this blade for the miscellaneous product along with my Suji and Yanagiba blades for the fish. These parties may have one or two chefs in them but those chefs are there for the taste sensations as they cannot buy the level of fish quality product I bring and prepare. Like most everything I do in this world, this knife was designed to be outside the normal... by my standards it succeeded in spades. Love it or hate it, admire it or condemn it, most all knife lovers who view it tend to remember it.

Jamie

Hi Jamie, I hope I didn't come across as being negative as it wasn't my intention. I also like my fancy handles but usually with some wood as well… but that's just me. I have the same knife (well, blade anyways) and it's great!

I have this koa/copper/muskox/horn handle from Mikey almost ready to go on my 240 Workhorse gyuto… just need to square up the machi as it is offset by a mm or so when the top of the emoto is flush against the ferrule.

ABF4525E-97CB-489C-9174-25E93D88D7A7_zpsqb3nlsbi.jpg

Hi Jamie, I hope I didn't come across as being negative as it wasn't my intention. I also like my fancy handles but usually with some wood as well… but that's just me. I have the same knife (well, blade anyways) and it's great!

I have this koa/copper/muskox/horn handle from Mikey almost ready to go on my 240 Workhorse gyuto… just need to square up the machi as it is offset by a mm or so when the top of the emoto is flush against the ferrule.

ABF4525E-97CB-489C-9174-25E93D88D7A7_zpsqb3nlsbi.jpg

If you ever sell that, dibs

Yo GS, that is stunning.

Jamie

Lol its not mine its tanners. I saw your kato on cktg,***** sweet blade. I liked his konosuke honyaki rehandlings as well, carbon fiber handles. Im having a few blades rehandled, a little mammoth is being incorporated and randy is making me a full mammtoh handled blade, hope its done soon :'( than i can post here.

Someone sent me a pic from my session last night. This was the second party, in two days, for friends of mine at their houses, as I had just returned from fishing and catching this incredible product and returned late Thursday. Somehow, my wet residue removing/blade lubricating towel got out of its usual state of neatly folded but Oh well.... This photo was taken around 3 hours into the party. I cut for about 6 hours total non-stop. Ono, Ahi, Blue fin, Incredible Blue fin Belly (Seen on top with the large amount of marbling). Mostly Back-straps I took from both species of Tuna. The pairings with Tequila, Scotch, Saki and Cohiba Behike's may not be in keeping with Japanese tradition but it worked fantastic for me. I used the bowels and plates from their kitchen since I did not have time to bring anything other than my knives, board, product and fresh produce. The cuttings/trimmings at the top of the board are about to be cut up for a series of Spicy fish products as I tend to only use the center cuts of the slabs when preparing the Sashimi for non Asian or other offshore friends. Another Fantastic evening. And I will do one more tomorrow as I tend to not want the fish in the refrigerator any longer than 4 days before I freeze the rest and give them away.

Jamie

Back