• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 210-240 Gyuto & Honosuke 150-180

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Gibson

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,

A guy I work with has asked me to help him try to find a knife. I am looking for a wa gyuto from any maker that is 210-240mm. Also a wa honosuke that is single bevel and 150-180mm.

I am looking for more inexpensive stuff, the gyuto in around 150-200 and the honosuke around 150-300

I wanted to post up a wtb add before I went to get something brand new!

Thanks guys,

Brad

Brad...what about a suisin inox western 240 in almost brand new condition?

He told me he wants a wa handle... It will be his first wa handle so I think its important to get him one like that. Since I hate westerns, I am trying to convert everyone I can!

Probably would prefer a wa handle for the honesuki too?

I really like the looks of that heiji 180mm wa honosuke on jki, its not in the price range though.

There were a number of Yoshikane single bevel honesukis that Maxim sold for a while that should fit your criteria.

Well for the WA gyuto CKTogo has Goko Gyuto 240mm Damascus for $99 bucks.
I think that the best price to pick one up now before it's all sold out

If I was going to suggest a gyuto in his price range that was new it would be a gonbei or gesshin from jon. I do not promote the usage of the forbidden site.

Back