• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS WTS: Ohira Renge Suita

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brainsausage

Reaction score
Howdy peoples! Looking to release this Ohira back out into the world. I bought this 3 or so years back from another member. Can’t recall the level of hardness, and I’m not super experienced with natural stones, but I’m guessing based on some other peeps descriptions regarding performance that it’s in the 3.5 range. This was my first foray into these types of stones, and I was really impressed with ease of use/edge quality. Buuuut... I just don’t sharpen nearly as much as I used to, and this thing is just overkill when I do.
Full disclosure time- I used to keep this stored in hotel pan on a shelf about a foot off the floor under my dedicated work table at the restaurant. I was putting it back one day and it slipped out of my fingers and dropped the 12 inches to the floor. There’s a minor amount of material that was lost from one of the corners. This will be reflected in the price of course.

Specs: 15cm long x 4.5cm wide x 3cm high

If I recall correctly I spent $250-275 originally. Looking to get $175 shipped priority CONUS. International will have to cover their costs. Here’s some pics!

IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3579.jpg

That looks beautiful and as suita prices keep getting higher, I think it's great deal to be had also.

GLWS!

Back