• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Y. Ikeda 270mm shirogami 2 honyaki gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwalker

Reaction score
For your consideration, a 270mm Yoshikazu Ikeda shirogami 2 honyaki gyuto finished by Kasahara. I have been exploring honyakis for a bit now and between what I have and whats on the way, I have some redundancy. I have this exact same knife in blue steel on order so I'm letting this one go. I am the original owner.

Specs:

226g
254mm heel to tip
280mm handle to tip
3.0mm spine above heel
2.4mm spine at mid length
1.4mm spine 1cm from tip
50.2mm tall
Octogonal Ho wood with black horn ferule

This knife is definitely of the workhorse variety. I sharpened the knife upon arrival and touched it up once or twice. It has patina that is difficult to photograph but I have used it several times. The buffalo horn ferrule has a crack but it feels solid. I figure most people would want to put a custom handle on anyway. Comes with original box. I got a good deal on the knife and I'm selling for considerably less than I paid due to the cracked ferule. Also, I want it to sell fast so I can buy Ray's Tanaka. :cool:
Asking $625 shipped domestic. Buyer to pay any fees. I will ship international for additional cost.

0zwe7B3.jpg

3IQRKfy.jpg

oGRF0R9.jpg

Cracked ferrule
RLRSvhb.jpg

Some pics from when it arrived to me.

BGt1CNS.jpg

Bottom knife
0452TyF.jpg

I’ll buy it if it’s not sold. PM inbound.

The knife is SOLD. Thank you all for the flood of generous offers.

Ha, only 'almost tempted'! Congrats to buyer, and yeah walker you should def buy rays tanaka, its a badass knife
Yes it is, I handled that knife for a bit. It’s a beast.

Latest posts

Back