• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Yoshikazu Tanaka (Miura) W2 Gyuto 240mm - [price drop]

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonody

Reaction score
Looking to sell a BNIB Y. Tanaka Gyuto (with custom handle) from Miura.
  • The knife has never been used. In addition to the Miura kanji, it has additional hand-chiseled kanji denoting the steel. On the reverse side, the kanji is also different from standard Tanaka-Miura gyutos, and it is the same kanji found on Tanaka-Yohei (Hitohira) gyutos.
    • 230mm x 50.5mm x 3mm
    • W2-iron clad
  • The handle is a custom handle. It is also the reason why I am selling the knife. I bought the knife in July and thought my feelings would change. While it is beautiful, the handle has always felt slightly too big/wide for my hands.
    • After measuring, the handle is 148mm x 24mm x 26mm.
    • For reference, K&S 240mm handles are 138mm x 21mm x 25mm.
  • Original box included.
Miura currently sells similar gyutos with custom handles (albeit in W1) which can be found here, while the standard handle (W2) gyutos can be found here. I purchased this knife for $478.00. As you can see, the associated cost is due to the handle.

Just trying to get back what I paid for the knife at a small loss.
Free shipping CONUS. Selling for $415 375 USD

Attachments

• IMG_1847.jpg
    IMG_1847.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1848.jpg
    IMG_1848.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1849.jpg
    IMG_1849.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1805.jpg
    IMG_1805.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1804.jpg
    IMG_1804.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
price dropped to $375.00 - would like to move this before the weekend or I'll end up taking it down (going to be away for a month)

Back