You people got me into this mess, and now I need you to get me out

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINEHEEL

Reaction score
Good Afternoon from North Carolina! I'm one of those morons that does a thousand hours of research before buying anything which just makes the decision harder when I would have been completely happy if I had just picked something right away and rolled with it.

Which brings me to the problem at hand. New bride and I are in the market for three knives. I was all set on some Shuns until I came across this community and was disaudaded from it. Now I'm questioning everything in my life, not just the knives, and I'm holding this community personally responsible. :)

Trying to search through old threads for answers but wanted to at least introduce myself first.

Welcome. There is a "Which Knife?" questionnaire that you can fill out with preferences / constraints and get some recommendations that are (mostly) tailored to your requirements.

Word of the day: "disaudaded" (1) Dissuaded from outdated decision and not wanting to be associated with it.

:cool:

Lol, I have no idea how I could have butchered the typing of dissuaded so badly. Again, these are the types of things that never used to happen until I came across this board. I hold each and every one of you personally responsible.

Which brings me to the problem at hand. New bride and I are in the market for three knives. I was all set on some Shuns until I came across this community and was disaudaded from it. Now I'm questioning everything in my life, not just the knives, and I'm holding this community personally responsible. :)

Welcome. It sounds like you got here in the nick of time.

I can't say I blame this forum for my behavior, but there are more than a few enablers around here.

The only way out is to keep going further in. Maybe someone built a backdoor. No one has seen it yet though.

If it helps, I've done a ton of research too. There are knives I want, but they're not available. There are those available, but I'm not crazy about them. There are those available and I like, but can't decide which one (hence my name). Trying not to settle, I did what any reasonable person would do. I just bought a bunch of them. Here's my stash and my wishlist.

Own (1 month and $1700 in so far)
  • Masakage Koishi Bunka 170mm with saya (knifewear.com)
  • Yu Kurosaki Petty 150mm with custom handle (sugicutlery.com)
  • Sakai Kikumori Yoshikazu Tanaka Damascus Gyuto 210mm with custom handle (realsharpknife.com)
  • Sakai Takayuki Itsuo Doi Honoura Kiritsuke 195mm (tokushuknife.com)
Wishlist (sold out)
  • Konosuke Tetsujin Gyuto 210mm
  • Konosuke Fujiyama FM Gyuto 210 or 240mm
  • Kagekiyo Ginsanko Gyuto 210mm
  • Halcyon Forge Phoenix

We can help you pick 3 knives. And 3 more knives. And 3 more after that.

This is probably the wrong place for people that do deep research before making a decision between multiple choices. Folks here believe in doing the deep research and then just buying all the choices anyway.

Back