Appetizer Zucchini (Courgette) Soup

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hoping it's the season of courgette glut in Oz, my buddy @Michi and the entire rest of the southern hemisphere crew here can take advantage of this

A-Flavor Base

1-2 Tblspn Butter
2-Medium Onion
2-Garlic Cloves, finely chopped

Cook the onion in butter over pretty low heat for three minutes or so, add the garlic, maybe 4 minutes more till it's softened. Salt as you go

B-Zucchini

3 lbs zucchini
2 cups good chicken stock (or dashi)

Slice the zucchini into 1/4" half mooons. Add to the onion and saute gently for about ten minutes. Add the stock and maybe 2 cups of water and cook till softened

Blitz the result with an immersion blender, taste for salt

C-Magic

Add Shichimi Togarashi to taste. I guess I added about a teaspoon. (I suppose if you must you could substitute some other semi mild chili condiment, but my recipe, my call!)

Enjoy

Hoping it's the season of courgette glut in Oz, my buddy @Michi and the entire rest of the southern hemisphere crew here can take advantage of this

Add Shichimi Togarashi to taste.

mmmm, that sounds wonderful. Also just reading this makes me want to ask my German wife to make her "Seelscheid" a zucchini stew in a tomato-y base, with onions and diced salami (and other things I'm sure), so delicious with a nice crusty bread and garnished with a little sour cream.

I always add Shichimi Togarashi to my compound butter with roasted garlic and a touch of honey :)

Zucchini are available year round here.

Have added this to my to-do list :)

Sounds delicious. Any thoughts on how to add some (vegan) protein to it?

Last edited:
Back