• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS 100 USD PRICE DROP! Wicked Edge WE120 Sharpening System

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwissKnifeCollector

Reaction score
I am selling a rarely used Wicked Edge WE120 sharpening system, with which additional grit plates have been bought.

It comes with an heavy aluminim base witch is in flawless condition. the Wicked Edge itself doesnt have any scratches at all and the diamond plates are also used but in good shape.

Designed to accommodate anyone who has a wide assortment of knife styles, the WE120 Precision Sharpener is one of our more versatile sharpeners. This sharpener offers a wide angle range of 13-35 degrees per side, the ability to sharpen asymmetrical grinds, micro-angle adjustments in less than 1 degree increments and the ability to clamp blades that are up to 1/4" thick. Providing greater angle control and a wider range of angle options than the WE50 and WE100 models, it can clamp a large assortment of knife grinds and blade thicknesses. The WE120 Precision Sharpener can be mounted to a home workstation or mounted to the base.

Pictures:

I AM NOT SELLING MY TANAKA IRONWOOD TO ANYONE! FOR INTRODUCTORY PRUPOSES ONLY!

350 USD / I am open for trades/offers

SHIPPING WORLDWIDE

These are the individual panels:

- 100/200 Grit ( used for chipped knifes and repair work)
- 400/600 Grit
- 800/1000 Grit
- 1200/1500 Grit ceramic panels
- 3000/Glass ( I normally used some double-sided tape to stick 8k Sandpaper on it, worked perfectly fine.)
- the strop one ( 5/3 Micron) is in bad condition because i cutted in several times while learning. Its not shown on the pictures but I will send it with it.The leather can be removed and done new, shouldnt be that hard to do.

Details:
  • Can sharpen blades up to 15" long
  • Can clamp blades up to 1/4” thick with included vise screws (longer screws may be used to enable clamping of even thicker blades)
  • Angle Range: 13-35 degrees per side (26-70 degrees inclusive)
  • Main angle adjustment in 1 degree increments, and micro-angle adjustment in 0.05 degree increments
  • Sharpener's angle markings are calibrated for knife's edge at 5/8" over top of vise
  • Minimum knife height for stones to clear vise at lowest angle is 5/8" over top of vise. Low Angle Adapter (sold separately) required to reach low angles on smaller knives
  • Guide Rods: 8"
  • Product Weight: 5 LBS

Last edited:
I think the KMS forum is a fan of guided sharpening. Have you tried posting this there as well?
More the pressure and angle guided sharpening systems à la Bogdan and do it yourself clones which work with whetstones and JNats. Although there are also some Wicked Edge types used by some.

Latest posts

Back