• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD (15/02 Price Drops): Jiro Yo Gyuto, Migoto Tanaka, Tanaka AS etc

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkayMode

I am the pig Daveb's mama was talking about
Reaction score
I am at a point where I like everything in my collection quite a lot, but I would quite like to slim it down to just the bare minimum (for now). I have a few customs on their way over the next few months too, so i'm going to have to find some space somewhere...

(A small note on pricing: Some of these knives cost me way more than RRP after I paid for customs and shipping into the UK - I’ve set the initial prices at what I paid, and any reductions past that are a net loss to me.)

_______

Sold: 1. Jiro #229 240mm Gyuto

Pictures:

Price:
£900 £750

Specs:
- 242 x 54 mm
- 318g

Condition & Notes:
- Bought BNIB last year from a user and have used it lightly since then.
- Sharpened from 1k once, and stropped a few times.
- The kasumi on a section in the middle of the left hand side of the blade is slightly faded from where I used stone powder to remove a very small patch of surface-level rust once. There's no pitting or corrosion as far as I can see.
- No other flaws to note - although please do be aware there are some stray micro scratches on the core steel towards the tip, this seems to be common with Jiro knives and came like this.

Withdrawn 2. Joel Black 238mm 135cr3 & Wrought Clad:

Pictures:

Price:
£400

Specs:
- 238 x 58 mm
- 277g

Condition & Notes:
- Only used for a handful of meal preps - I just preferred my JB semi-integral a bit more.
- The handle is bog oak, buffalo horn and black micata.

3. Migoto Tanaka B#1 270:

Pictures:

Price:
£400

Specs:
- 253 x 51 mm
- 267g

Condition & Notes:
- Used but well loved - I have only touched it up on a 4k twice, but am not the first owner. The heel height suggests it has been sharpened very little if at all prior to my ownership.
- I stripped the patina recently with 1k sic powder, which has created the slight hologram effect on the kanji.
- These are now out of production.

Sold: 4. Y Tanaka AS 240mm (Miura)

Pictures:

Price:
£430 £380

Specs:
- 229 x 51 mm
- 234g

Condition & Notes:
- Used less than 5 times, never sharpened, never stropped.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Further drops, quite keen to get the Jiro sold to fund some upcoming custom slots.

Back