• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

15 Knives (Moving Sale!)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbusby1

Reaction score
Moving sale. Lots of stuff I haven't been willing to part with but now I'm going to a much smaller home. Don't have time to polish these up pretty but am happy to touch up the edge free of charge (just ask) or polish/clean up for a small fee. Each additional knife is $12 off if you buy more than one. All prices include shipping. CONUS only please. Thanks for looking!

1-6) Unknown makers, unknown reactive steels. Handmade in yucatan, Mexico. Purchased in 2015 at the Merida mercado from various hardware/blacksmith-goods vendors. Roughly made, and real roughly reground by me, more of art pieces than useful knives but you can polish them up pretty or put a good edge on them, edge retention isn't good but they sharpen pretty easily.

1) 133mm,52mm tall. Horn handle is cracked but works feels fine in hand. $25

^tip, not choil (all others below are choil shots...)

2) 141mm Horn handle. $30

3) 170mm Horn handle with nice coloration $ 36

4) 211mm This knife is really light with good balance, octagonal handle is unknown lighter wood. I've used this knife a few times for serious kitchen tasks and it can machine gun chop through onions, etc just fine. $38

5) 232mm $32

6) 200mm A bit thicker than 1-5, with a heavy [rubber?] handle. Some chips (see pics). $35

------
7) Ichimonji W2 220mm #6 cleaver. Cladding is reactive. Strong right-handed bias in the grind. $165

8) Moritaka AS 210mm cleaver. I've thinned this one a lot over the years, real happy with how it cuts now. $280

9) Teruyasu-Fujiwara Nashiji 210mm gyuto. Thinned, tip reground (actual length is 206mm), flatter profile. I've talked to T-F and he says there's no way it's stainless but it is definitely stainless. You can see the core/cladding line and it definitely polishes differently than the soft cladding and holds an edge super well but still stainless. Handle was put on a little crooked but I've never been bothered by it. The amazing profile and the fact that it's fully stainless are the reasons I've held on to it over the years (great line knife). Comes with balsa friction-fit saya. $135

10) Mazaki 180mm petty. Used a few times lightly. Made a custom handle with some Birch and walnut, perfect balance and feels great. These knives deserve the hype that Maksim is giving them. Amazing distal taper and polishes beautifully. Also comes with friction fit balsa saya. $150

11) 257mm Dalman gyuto. You can see some very minor stable pitting on this knife that is easily cleaned up (I can clean it up for you if you prefer) from it sitting in my drawer in humid New Orleans (some of this pitting is close to the edge but not on the edge, in the photos it could be mistaken for large chips). I rarely used it since I bought it because it is such a nice knife but the lack of use caused some rust which is honestly a bigger shame... time for it to go to new home. Robin made this for me just under a year ago. I'm a lefty and I believe Robin said it has some slight bias, but I'm guessing it would work fine for a right-handed user. Birch handle with reindeer ferrule that has a tiny crack in the ferrule that Robin pointed out to me but I definitely wouldn't have noticed otherwise. This is waterquenched uhb20c (carbon steel) it is relatively low reactivity due to it being hardened (hrc 63), you can see the hamon in the photos. Comes with a friction fit basswood saya I made for it. Robin just told me he is now selling these at just over 1000USD. $680

12) Yoshikane SKD hammered stainless 240mm gyuto. Purchased a few months ago from epicurean edge used twice at work, like new. Amazing performer and that edge retention! Despite the thickness of the spine this knife surprised with how light & nimble it feels. $245

13) Teruyasu Fujiwara Nashiji 244mm gyuto. Custom handle of walnut, pine and live oak. My first custom handle and the lines aren't straight but I've never made a handle that feels this good in my hand again yet. $245

14) Tanaka KU Blue 2 240 gyuto. Bought this handle-less from K&S and thinned it and put a custom handle I made from osage orange/pine/cherry on it. Prettiest handle I've ever made IMO, including a photo of when it was first made so you can have an idea of how it'd look if you choose to clean it up. $160

15) Kurosaki AS 270mm gyuto. Removed the KU long ago, now has something inbetween nashiji & kasumi finish. Also scratched up the handle a bit with coarse sandpaper so that it has better friction and is less slippery (see pic) $225

Update:

Teruyasu Fujiwara 210 SPF
Dalman SOLD
Tanaka SOLD

Price Drop:
1-6 (mexican knives): $5 off original price
7-15 (j-knives): $10 off original price

SOLD: Tanaka, T-F 210, Dalman

Bump! another $5 off everything! (mex knives $10 off, jknives $15)

SOLD: 1,3, Tanaka, Dalman, T-F210, Moritaka

Available: 2, 4, 5, 6, Ichimonji $145, Mazaki $135, Yoshikane $230, T-F240 $230, Kurosaki $210

@xcmx13 yes

Screw it, price just dropped on ichimonji, all the way off. I've tried to sell this knife before with no takers and I originally bought it because a member here sold it mislabelled as a monosteel. Also I didn't realize how righty-bias it was when I bought it. I've put a ton of work into and it's thin behind the edge now and cuts like a knife ought to and yet no one will buy it which irks me. So it's up for grabs, I'll even pay the shipping because why bother at this point. I'd like this to go to someone who is wanting a solid knife who doesn't have one but needs one or to someone who has been looking to try a cleaver out and is a professional cook/chef. Please do not PM for it if you already have many knives and/or don't use knives much. Again just to be clear: ichimonji is now free, shipped CONUS

Screw it, price just dropped on ichimonji, all the way off. I've tried to sell this knife before with no takers and I originally bought it because a member here sold it mislabelled as a monosteel. Also I didn't realize how righty-bias it was when I bought it. I've put a ton of work into and it's thin behind the edge now and cuts like a knife ought to and yet no one will buy it which irks me. So it's up for grabs, I'll even pay the shipping because why bother at this point. I'd like this to go to someone who is wanting a solid knife who doesn't have one but needs one or to someone who has been looking to try a cleaver out and is a professional cook/chef. Please do not PM for it if you already have many knives and/or don't use knives much. Again just to be clear: ichimonji is now free, shipped CONUS

You sir are a gentleman, hopefully you find some poor line cook who can really appreciate the work you've put into it.

I am super new to knives and would love to try out such a cool cleaver! Thank you for such a kind offer!

I tried PM’ing you about the Mazaki Petty and Teryasu Fujiwara Nashiji 240mm but you inbox was full.

Ichimonji SOLD or given away or.... taken? whatever.

Sorry if you made an inquiry about it and I don't respond, there was a lot of interest and I just don't have the time to respond to everyone.

No response to my PM about the Mazaki and Teryasu????

Mazaki SOLD

Still availale: 2, 4, 5, 6, Yoshikane $230, Kurosaki $210

Back