2023 East Coast Gathering (ECG) - Sunday, July 16, Washington, DC Area

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a good flight!

Things are really shaping up. Looks like a little over 40+ attendees plus any +1s. We lost one knife maker, but will still have 7.

Food is coming together as well. Pizzas, couple racks of ribs, smoked pork shoulder tacos, couple ribeyes, asian noodle salad and cheesecake so far.

Have a good flight!

Things are really shaping up. Looks like a little over 40+ attendees plus any +1s. We lost one knife maker, but will still have 7.

Food is coming together as well. Pizzas, couple racks of ribs, smoked pork shoulder tacos, couple ribeyes, asian noodle salad and cheesecake so far.
Anything for vegetarians? Beer is vegetarian…

Also how do you deal with this weather. No wonder congress never gets anything done.

Last edited:
Anything for vegetarians? Beer is vegetarian
slices and diced onions, carrots and potatoes from people testing knives :cool:

Not sure if @DaM0w is going to make it to the event (haven't messaged him in a while) but if he does he currently works at one of the top veg restaurants.

What I would give to be able to go to this event. I don’t know if it’ll ever be financially in the cards for me to cross the continent for it (and even if it is, to convince my wife that’s an appropriate use of our funds 🤣) but I hope all the attendees have a wonderful time. I look forward to seeing all the pics and I expect to see some cut marks on the Giveaway board!

What I would give to be able to go to this event. I don’t know if it’ll ever be financially in the cards for me to cross the continent for it (and even if it is, to convince my wife that’s an appropriate use of our funds 🤣) but I hope all the attendees have a wonderful time. I look forward to seeing all the pics and I expect to see some cut marks on the Giveaway board!
Been giving the giveaway board a fresh coat of gloss today :cool:

Crossing the continent isn't a big deal -- in fact we have a couple of people that are coming in from the west coast. 'Course they are coming to town for other reasons, but that's not relevant 🤠

Make them come to you
#OwlWoodWorksGathering2024.

But in all seriousness I’d love it if we could do one here in Southern California eventually

I have a total knuckle head question. What time does this thing actually start? I was so focused on getting to DC I completely forgot the obvious details.
people start showing up around 12pm. I'll start grilling around 2pm once more people show up.

the steak I grill is usually gone after 10 minutes
Sad Its Over GIF by Pudgy Memez

Usually some people start showing up a little after 11:00 am. Some years it's been a little past 11:30. Depends on traffic, etc. for those traveling a couple hours. Doors are open at 11:00 am though for anyone who wants to get a jump on claiming a table spot.

Not sure about when drinking starts. I have a pretty full bar but there won't be a batch cocktail unless I get inspired later today by what sodas, etc. are around.

Attachments

• IMG_4950.jpeg
    IMG_4950.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4942.jpeg
    IMG_4942.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4945.jpeg
    IMG_4945.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Another superb ECG!! Special thanks of course to David for hosting this annual event again and all the work you put in. And I wish I could individually name and thank all the other people who did so much — such delicious food! Everything from the tasty spicy dip to the pulled pork I couldn’t get enough of, to the delicious grilled beef, pork and ribs. Plus wonderful pizza. Thank you, all. I really do look forward each year to this event and meeting in person all the terrific chefs, knife collectors and vendors.

Back