2024 East Coast Gathering (ECG) - Sunday, July 14, Washington, DC Area

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Trying to get an earlier start this year on locking down a date for the ECG. Hopefully that will help prevent some vacation conflicts and also help in getting more local cooks/ chefs.

Potential attendees, please let me know if July 14 is good/ no good. (EDIT -- it is officially set for July 14)

Last edited:
Looks like Luke (Owl Woodworks) is going to make the trek from Western Canada. :cool:
It's true! Toronto to visit @naader , New York to visit Eating Tools, Philly to taste some of @Chang 's yummy cooking, and DC to see all of you! Hitting all the Knife/KKF spots on the East Coast.

It's true! Toronto to visit @naader , New York to visit Eating Tools, Philly to taste some of @Chang 's yummy cooking, and DC to see all of you! Hitting all the Knife/KKF spots on the East Coast.
That's great to hear you're going to visit @Chang -- and even better, he'll probably cook some more at the ECG (he's been the grill master the last couple years).

@WildBoar you need to move to the west coast and take the lead on a WCG…
A couple years ago Crocker, Maumasi and Kamimura did a thing in Sacramento I believe it was called 'Forged to Table'. I think with Covid it kind of flopped. Lisch is hosting a show this September, it's not KKF exclusive, but that may be the closet thing we have to a West Coast Chef Knife event.

dont think i'll be grilling this year, instead I'll probably bring a whole salmon and tuna lion to do a live breakdown and then serve sashimi, and possibly some hot bites made with the head/collars/etc with some help from @FishmanDE
That's great -- it's been a few years since Rick (Theory) would bring whole salmon and demo a breakdown. For us civilians it's a riot listening to the other pros heckling the fish butcher :dancingchicken:

@WildBoar you need to move to the west coast and take the lead on a WCG…
There have been a few gatherings on the west coast. One was in the Seattle area (I think), although about 10 years ago. And before covid someone held one in the Napa area that looking pretty dang sweet.

I'm always happy to relay any knowledge I've gained in arranging the ECGs for others that may be interested in doing it elsewhere. It's mainly having/ finding an appropriate venue, and then spending time reaching out to people via DM, email, IG, etc. And following up. And following up. And following up.

Did I mention following up? :D

Crispy Club shipment has arrived 😎

1000012656.jpg
And the packaging was superb -- buy with confidence 👌

If anyone in the Philadelphia area wants a lift with me, I'd be happy to provide transportation, if you can conveniently get to my house. I'm in the West Mount Airy section. I will probably leave Philadelphia mid-morning Saturday, and depart from the ECG late that afternoon. Larry

Hard to believe, but the ECG is only one week away!

Right now we are at 8 knifemakers, and a couple more are trying to juggle work and family schedules. There should be an increased presence of DC-area pro cooks. The Philadelphia guys will be representing, as they have the past few years. There should be two Chopped competitors, too :D And besides Luke (Owl), there should be a couple other people flying in. Dinner reservations are set for Saturday night; it's a fairly small group, and we can add more if I hear soon enough.

I haven't heard much from attendees about food so far, except for Jeff ('Big Fish') and Andrew/ Patrick. One attendee will pick up some of the produce needed for slicin' and dicin'

Back