• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 240mm Kagekiyo Damascus Blue1 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chang

Gay for Gyutos
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need moar cash, been meaning to throw this baby up since I found her replacement. Nothin’ wrong with this ice cold slice demon, needle thin Sakai grind with some meat on the spine, and an actual distal taper, unlike most times when ya ask Sakai makers for a “WH spine” and they give ya a deba lol. Forged by Mr. Why Tanaka, himselfz 🙃

Trying to move this fast, so the price will reflect that. A couple dings in the handle and saya, hopefully you can notice ‘em in the video/pics. Unsharpened, will come with original box.

Specs:

232x51mm
4.9mm at the handle
180g
Damascus Cladding
Aogami #1 Core
Urushi Lacquered Black Handle
Urushi Lacquered Black Saya

Price: $475 SOLD

IMG_2164.jpeg
IMG_2166.jpeg
IMG_2165.jpeg
IMG_2167.jpeg
IMG_2162.jpeg
IMG_2163.jpeg
IMG_2169.jpeg

Last edited:
Of course as soon as I get one for myself everyone starts selling theirs for better prices lol. Pretty sure the dammys tend to have more beef at the spine than standard kagekiyos -- such a great middle-weight, someone's gonna be really happy. GLWS!

Not sure if this is still available, but if it is, it shows the state of BST. Peeps willing to pay 50-100% over retail for rare knives but something like this, which should be snatched up immediately for this price, just sits.
I speculate the problem is most of people who would instantly buy something like this probably have one of these or have tried one of these already.

Back