• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS 3x Konosuke Fujiyama gyuto's

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i've had some konosuke fujiyama's collecting dust in a humidity controlled safe for a number of months now not seeing use. figured it was time they found new homes.

i would like to keep this sale inside the US if possible as i dont have experience shipping outside the country so im not aware of the risks but have shipped a ton of stuff conus.

all prices in USD shipped and insured paypal G&S.

up first is a BNIB 240mm B1 konosuke fujiyama FM gyuto. $850 USD. unused Saya included that came with the knife.

full disclosure: this handle is not perfect. the metal spacer by the horn ferrule is slightly raised and the transition can be felt. if this is something that will truly bother you, please do not buy it. apparently this is somewhat common with metal+natural materials.

#2: 255mm B2 Konosuke fujiyama FM gyuto. $675 USD. saya included.

this knife has been used for around 12~ meal prep's and is the most used knife in this post. it has never been sharpened. i did not remove the patina.

here are some pics from a few months back of the knife/patina in natural light, the knife has been unused since these pics were taken:

#3: 240 B2 Konosuke Fujiyama MM gyuto. $675 USD. saya included but the hole still needs to be drilled.

knife was used for 1 meal prep. i cut a carrot and sliced a cooked chicken breast which put some blue patina on it immediately. has never been sharpened. IIRC the smith for this series is retired so these might be a hard find nowadays.

again some pics from a few months back of the knife/patina in natural light, knife has been unused sitting in my safe since these pics were taken:

I don’t believe the MM series was labeled as a Fujiyama. That said, these knives didn’t get the respect they deserved by Fujiyama fans when they initially came out. The MM I once had was just as mind blowing as any Fujiyama I had, plus they actually possessed a little more beefiness than a typical Fuji. I believe the smith behind that series was not Mr Tanaka himself, but instead a very talented lady whose name currently escapes me.

Congrats on the quick sale. Some serious cutting tools listed here for sure

I don’t believe the MM series was labeled as a Fujiyama. That said, these knives didn’t get the respect they deserved by Fujiyama fans when they initially came out. The MM I once had was just as mind blowing as any Fujiyama I had, plus they actually possessed a little more beefiness than a typical Fuji. I believe the smith behind that series was not Mr Tanaka himself, but instead a very talented lady whose name currently escapes me.

Mizuki Mori was the smith. I have not been able to compare mine side by side with a Fujiyama but it's excellent.

You are correct.

Latest posts

Back