A lurker from Copenhagen, Denmark checking in........

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chseifert

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm Claus from Copenhagen, Denmark.

Found this forum via an advice from a Gent on another cookware forum.

I've yet to really indulge in real artisan japanese knives.

My collection consists of only mass produced over-priced japanese knives from Zwilling (Miyabi Artisan & MCD 5000 67 and Kramer Meiji & Damascus) plus a wide range of Wüsthof, F.Dick and Zwilling Pro knives.

Once I buy my first few artisan Japanese knives, I'm going to focus on a great steel, that won't rust, so most likely SG2 steel or ZDP-189.

My stone collection is a range of Naniwa Chosera stones in grit 400, 800, 2000, 3000 & 5000.

Cheers, Claus

You'd be surprised to find out how many great artisan kitchen knife producers there are in Europe that many members here love to buy. Many of the most well-respected European makers produce kitchen knives which are sold out within minutes if not seconds of their release.

Hey Damiano,

So we meet again here :)

That username - where does it come from ?
It’s a joke name stolen from a local Chinese shop, back in the 1990s when I wanted an anonymous mail address for spam/newsletters/ebay and so on. It kinda stuck with me. Plus it reflects the second of my two loves in food: Chinese next to Italian.

Welcome. Just wanted to say that I was also a bit afraid to dip my toes into carbon steels, but (I saw her face and) now I'm a believer.

I posted this video in another thread here at KKF. I've felt that it's really hard to get the knives to rust. I've left my knives on the cutting board to force a patina, and it's not that rapid of a process as I first thought. And once there's a patina, it protects the knife more. To the point, in the video they leave a knife just to see how it rusts. The conclusion is that the problem is probably if you store you knife wet.

Back