• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Aizu-ish and Ikarashi(2 Aizus are sold).

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragjp

Wood, Rock & Steel
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

(Thanks to a kind forum member's advice, I replaced the compressed blurry image with videos. All done with this process- reset the kana on a 400 NSK stone, then polishing it on each for ~5 mins)
3 Nakato stones for sale, acquired along the journey of searching the 'perfect' aizu for myself. All prices include CONUS shipping.
1698104381184.png

(All surfaces had a splash of water to better capture the color)
Size and other info from left to right:
1. 210x62x36mm, 1082g SOLD
H/F: 4/3
Asking $190
Typical looking and performance of an Aizu with black dots. It's on the harder side and good at erasing 3k synth scracth and preparing smoother base to move to finer Jnats. Need to note that the bottom left corner had some inclusions that I chiseled out, leaving the part 1-2mm shallower(marked grey-ish with water). I can do a full flattening upon request, otherwise it doesn't affect general shapening & polishing, and will get there along the way.

2. 205x65x58mm, has a slight inward curve from ends to middle, width of 63mm at minimum, weights 1563g. Looks very like an Aizu but the minty green also makes me wondering if it's an ikarashi instead. A tiny less fine than No.1, cleans synth scratch from core steel and leaves a consistent scratch pattern on soft cladding.
H/F: 4-/3
Asking $170 160

3. 210x65x35mm, 1160g
H/F: 4-/3
Asking $130120
Typical ikarashi that offers a good balance between bite and finess, cleans synth scratch from core steel and leaves a consistent scratch pattern on soft cladding.
Test stokes on a white1 kanna accordingly:

Happy to provide extensive polishing pics/vids. Thanks for looking!

Jan.23 Update
Just dug out another pile of stones from closet cleanup, and this one seems fit here perfectly-
4. Textbook Aizu with white dots, measures 210x61x35 mm. It's on the hard side and does not self slurry in the beginning, but cuts well as long as the surface remain wetted, or preloading with a nagura/tomo nagura. For sharpening it leaves a toothy edge, and for polishing it converts synthetic scratches in 3k range to a smoother base for further naturals.
Asking $200.
SOLD
Dry vs wet:
1705619892403.jpeg1705619913549.jpeg

Last edited:
bump with price adjustments. 🍻
Interested in trading for the first Aizu? I have a Tsushima Nagura from JNS, Binsui from JNS, Shobudani from Bernal Cutlery, Aiiwatani from JNS, Hideriyama from JKI. If interested, I can send specific pics of the stone selected. Thanks!

Interested in trading for the first Aizu? I have a Tsushima Nagura from JNS, Binsui from JNS, Shobudani from Bernal Cutlery, Aiiwatani from JNS, Hideriyama from JKI. If interested, I can send specific pics of the stone selected. Thanks!
Thanks for the offer! 🍻 Sorry stone 1 is pending a sale sold, and for now I'd like to move a few more bricks before getting in any.

Last edited:
I'm interested in something. My tsushima bench just cracked and i'm looking for something to fill it's role in my progression, or something better. I usually finish on a namito. Will these satisfy my itch?

I'm interested in something. My tsushima bench just cracked and i'm looking for something to fill it's role in my progression, or something better. I usually finish on a namito. Will these satisfy my itch?
Hey, the above stones are in the range from 2k-4k I'd say, not sure what was the tsushima look like. What kind of role you're trying to fill, transition between synth to natural or something else?

Hey, the above stones are in the range from 2k-4k I'd say, not sure what was the tsushima look like. What kind of role you're trying to fill, transition between synth to natural or something else?
That might could work for me. I'm currently on a shapton 1k, JKI 2k, tsushima, umajiyama namito progression.

I'd like to simplify and bypass the 2k soaker and jump to the namito. A stone in the 2k-4k range might be perfect.

Back