• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Andrei Markin Custom Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acidwash

Reaction score
0E4438A4-6BEF-484D-A258-21D99A506B4A.jpeg
B3BCC8DF-D5E7-486F-90CE-6CEEB440A7CC.jpeg
Howdy all. Up for grabs is a really beautiful piece by an up and coming maker Andrei Markin. 260mm by 59 mm. It is made of a rare and gnarly Swedish? steel called Vanadis23 that is clad in stainless. It is hard to capture in a picture how great the contrast of the two steels looks, but I have pictures from a couple of different sources to hopefully do it justice. The custom western style handle is made out of stabilized Amboyna burl and the custom saya is made from the root of polysander. The grind on this knife is exquisite and the fit and finish are of a very high quality. I would like to get $600shipped in the US. Trade offer will be heard of course, especially anything Kamon or Xerxes. Thanks

Last edited:
Greetings. No idea. This knife hasn’t seen much action and still holds its original very sharp edge.

Andrei makes Great knives. The 4 of his I’ve tried have all been nothing shy of very impressive. A buddy of mine has one and it’s hands down his favorite in his growing collection

Yeah. He is a special knife maker. To work with these crazy high alloy steels is tons of work. Just to forge them, let alone forge weld them. It is a labor of love.

Andrei doesn't forge by the way, he works with pre heat-treated steel and grinds the knives, doing the HT up front is meant to help prevent warping at the edge for these high alloy steels. Obviously grinding is a lot more work when you heat treat first.

Thanks, I think that might be a bit thick for what im im looking for. Gorgeous knife and love the profile

Back