Another guy asking for Jnat advice

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimMaple98

Reaction score
Hey legends, have a few natural whetstones on the way now, most Notably a Aiiwatani Koppa lv 3,5, ( Aiiwatani koppa Lv 3,5 (a2205) ) intending for it to become my finishing stone for knives primarily used with vegetables, and I am purchasing a Koshiji from Badgertooth for my more toothy general-use edges.

My current highest grit stone is a 4K morihei, I was recently pondering whether it would be realistic to make the jump from 4K to my upcoming Aiiwatani, or if I would require another stone in between to fully reap the benefits.

Aoto and Tokusen shohonyama are on the Wishlist for future purchase Should I find myself falling deeper into Jnats.

yet again, any insights to help this newbie will be greatly appreciated :chef:

Aiiwatanis are one of my go-to stones. Hard, yes, but gives a nice final edge if you like going that high.
As for your question, yes, absolutely , go direct from a 4k and call it a day.

Hell, I'll use an Aiiwatani solo/ touchups and to bring back the keenness of an edge.
Fun rocks to work with.

Aiiwatanis are one of my go-to stones. Hard, yes, but gives a nice final edge if you like going that high.
As for your question, yes, absolutely , go direct from a 4k and call it a day.

Hell, I'll use an Aiiwatani solo/ touchups and to bring back the keenness of an edge.
Fun rocks to work with.
Brilliant thank you for setting my mind at ease!
heard some good things about them that’s why I jumped when JNS had the sale

I don't know, but you might get more of the stones experts seeing this post if you put in the sharpening sub-forum... (?)

Back