Anyone use this stone yet?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Round naguras

With repeated usage and frequent strokes over the stone, they will lose their rectangular shape and become more round. Make sure the seal then, otherwise they might crack, or discolor in a blueish tint.

It seems the quarry is located in Cappadocia, Turkey.
penis-valley-as-it-s.jpg

Also, using the wrong holder will either give surprisingly pleasant results, or ruin your evening. Slurry becomes a very, very complex matter in this use case.

Let's keep this thread going... :cool2:

This stone comes with two naguras that give the user two kinds of sharpening experience. The first nagura makes the stone incredibly hard and eventually the slurry becomes white and creamy. The other one makes the stone very soft and user-friendly, but the slurry is a golden mess... :pirate1:

I hope this is not too inappropriate...

Heard some of the Coks smell good when wet.

First you stroke it 6 times on this side, then you stroke 6 times on the other side......

In my experience it was very hard and fast at first. However, as the user gained experience, and the stone got more use, it mellowed out a bit and the focus became more on making the experience last than getting the job done.

I never understood why people use jigs for aligned sharpening motion, this stone, combined with a free hand technique, gives such a pleasure.

Use this stone with fresh water and a clean work station, or it is possible to grow mold and harbor other stone transmitted diseases (STI)

y'all are welcome

as the user gained experience, and the stone got more use, it mellowed out a bit and the focus became more on making the experience last than getting the job done.

Such a feminist comment..!

Lars

Finishing only when all spots that needed dealing with have been dealt with is good advice when sharpening, no?

PS, we germans get a double snicker out of this thread anyway, with the ambigous meaning of "scharf" (sharp, spicy, or horny :) )

What's the best way to get it lapped?

I'm not sure smearing it with peanut butter and letting my Labrador have at it is going to give me flat surface.

Wow.

Such a feminist comment..!

Lars

Ummm...ok?

Don't be such a stone. We're having good natured fun here. Other folks make comments in jest (think french maid costume) and don't get called out on it. One of the few chicks on the board makes a comment which was meant more as a poke at her lack of experience with stones and you have to take it in the worst way possible?

Geesh...

Since no one else has asked, I will... How well does this C*ck do a DP (Tojiro)?

Well, I suppose you would need two for a DP; one to work up some mud.

Back