Appreciate the information and looking forward to being a member of this community!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. A hobby of cooking for my family, the value of home prepared sashimi and a birthday gift from my partner has made learning and occasionally purchasing Japanese and other kitchen knives a hobby. I love the history of the individual craftspeople and how the steel ages with my use in a different way than if it were owned by another cook. I cannot say that my family all gets it, but they appreciate the results of a culinary hobby and like that I enjoy it. I'm looking forward to participating in the forum discussions and learning more with you all.

Currently, I'm excitedly waiting for a Blue #2 Nakiri by Kisuke Manaka-san to make its way from Kasukabe to Perth to the U.S. shores and my next purchase will be a yet-undetermined larger carbon-steel daily driver gyuto (unless the IMHO ultra cool Zakuri mini-knife from JKI comes back into stock first...like Jell-o, there's always room for one of those).

Cheers,
Chris

Latest posts

Back