Avocado Uses Required

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deep fried avocado sounds amazing!

I love smoothies/milkshake - would probably make enough avocado maki to make myself sick. How about doing some summer rolls? Avocado, rice noodles, veg and some sriracha and peanut sauce is amazing.

I would definitely freeze some based on your yield though.

Avocado pasta is lovely, cook pasta, drain reserving some liquid. Mash avos in bowl, add salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a knob of butter and add pasta. Stir vigorously while adding pasta water till a sauce develops, serve with grated cheese if desired.

Avocado smoothies are really good. I do milk, honey, cinnamon, ice, and sometimes a banana.

I grill them a lot and serve them with the same sauce and toppings as yaki nasu. Works great to eat a slightly under avo if you're trying to speed things up.

They are a great base for dressings.

They make a good hummus sub (add the usual hummus ingredients but swap chickpeas for avos.

http://laboiteny.com/avocado-zhug/

It doesn't turn black when frozen but it also won't ripen/soften once defrosted, I'm not a fan of freezing them.

I've been on a spaghetti rampage so will give the avocado pasta a try, sounds great. And also some avocado hummus...

Umm there is a local phenomenon which is an avocado milkshake, thick and with liquid palm sugar as the sweetener.
Weird as it sounds I wholeheartedly recommend it.
Alternatively find some hipsters and sell the excess fruits to them.
First time I had this was from a Moroccan server, very popular over there apperently.

Anyway you can save them by freezing, cut in half, remove skin and pit, squeeze a lemon over top, put in a vacuum back and use a cutting board to smash them flat. Once sealed they'll last 6mo, thaw quick and make good guac or you can cut it and use as a plating pedestal for salads.

Latest posts

Back