Balsalmic vinegar

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Marcel I do agree that cutting out high sodium processed food is important and I don't eat out hardly at all and never in that last few months other than an occasional cherry pie and I watch my salt intake. Recently after treating my self to just a bit more soy sauce, just a bit more added salt, an extra slice of bread I shouldn't be eating my feet and calves swelled up. With out a doubt sodium is part of the issue with blood pressure and edema but one must look at the potassium sodium ratio and fluid intake to get a comprehensive understanding of the issues. The next day after eating potatoes, bananas, drinking lots of water and cutting out salt the edema was completely gone. I have to watch the sodium intake even without all the high sodium junk and restaurant food. I made the mistake of getting old. It won't happen again.

I used to have some of this stuff, it was pretty banging. Not cheap. Not sure if Gordon Ramsey can spell amontillado, but Edgar Allen Poe could...

https://despanabrandfoods.com/produ...87512&pr_ref_pid=5605228478616&pr_seq=uniform
I used to have some of this stuff, it was pretty banging. Not cheap. Not sure if Gordon Ramsey can spell amontillado, but Edgar Allen Poe could...

https://despanabrandfoods.com/produ...87512&pr_ref_pid=5605228478616&pr_seq=uniform
I could use a large cask right about now.

Damn it! I knew I was making a mistake. Oh well. Better luck next time.

One trick to finding good rich vinegar it to check to see if there is no vinegar in the ingredient list. Should say "acidified cooked grape must" ONLY. Mosto de uva or something like that. This is very hard to find however. Sometimes "saba" or "condimento" designation is only must, but saba in particular tends to be barely acidified if at all, and is basically concentrated grape juice. The tradizionale stuff is worth trying if you can get a sample here and there, but not worth the cost of a whole bottle imo.

Back