Bread Knife Giveaway

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am "in" please! It looks awesome!!

Good afternoon everyone,

This was supposed to be the last knife I post up on BST today but last nights festivities here really took a toll on my mental health. I just don't have the energy to do all the photographing, measuring, pricing, DMing and I honestly just don't really want to be here right now. But this is on my to do list, so I'd love to see it moved along and a giveaway is just easier.

I bought this bread knife back in my r/chefknives days when I was always reading about how you should never spend a lot of money on bread knives because they are basically all the same and literally disposable. I read this, said "hold my beer" and ordered this crazy thing from Ben Bodman for about $800 I believe. I tried to make it as absurd as possible with an amboyna burl handle, forged integral bolster and feather damascus. I wanted the craziest bread knife on the planet. It's far from perfect (reference serrations) but it definitely is crazy. I have loved using it so much, but it is time for it to bring somebody else some joy. I would be ecstatic to see this go to somebody here so lets do it. I'd like to have this done quickly so in two hours at 630pm PST I'll pick a comment at random and they will get the knife. If you are willing to cover shipping that would be great, if that's not allowed on a giveaway or you simply don't want to, it's all good.

Comment down below that you want in and I'll pick a winner at random at 6pm PST

Have a lovely day,
Luke

Quick correction, my wife has informed me we have dinner plans this evening so I'll probably pick a winner later tonight or maybe tomorrow morning. Sorry for any confusion

View attachment 303967View attachment 303968
I am in, if it is not too late
Thanks

I got sad reading the drawing would occur at 6:30 as I'm reading it at 8pm, but then saw the correction. What a quick roller coaster I just went on. Please count me in. Thanks

Back