• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Bunch of knives and a Gesshin cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mc2442

KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi. It is surprising how many knives one has tucked away once you start digging them out. More purging to do, but tougher decisions await. Unless otherwise stated I am the original owner, personally only home use but will give what I know on any I got on BST. These are either ones I don't often reach for or have tucked away, many intended to either try out or for gifts. I still need to make a few spots in the block and mag strips for upcoming knives. Further information and pics below.

1. Gesshin Chinese cleaver 220mm - $125 - SOLD
2. HHH AEB-L 240x52mm (182g) gyuto - New/Unused - $400 price drop to $375
3. Kochi 240x52mm (200g) stainless clad Korouchi Gyuto - $235 - SOLD
4. Kochi 210x49mm (141g) kurouchi gyuto - $200 - SOLD
5 Kochi 210x49mm (170g) kurouchi stainless clad gyuto - $210 - SOLD
6. Kochi 210x49mm (161g) kurouchi stainless clad gyuto - $210 - SOLD
7. Kochi 180x54mm (188g) kurouchi stainless clad nakiri - $170 - SOLD
8. Mattia Borrani 7" (184x45mm) AEB-L santoku - New/Unused - $225 price drop to $200
9. Ginrei 150mm kurouchi petty - $210 price drop to $190 - SOLD
10 Tojiro 270x53mm (314g) PM gyuto - $180 price drop to $160
11. Michael Taylor 205x44mm (152g) AEB-L gyuto - $160 price drop to $140 - SOLD
12. Mazaki kurouchi santoku 180x53mm - BNIB - $100 - SOLD
13. Watanabe 183x49mm (145g) stainless clad blue(2?) core gyuto - (catch and release from Dec WTS - A very Kurouchi X-mas ) - $250 - SOLD
14. Catcheside forged series, 1.2409 core, 178x44mm (162g) gyuto - $375 - Sold
15. Matsumi Hinoura 85mm white #2 iron kurouchi cladding petty - $80 - Sold
16. Tanaka Ginsan Nashiji 120mm petty w/ ebony handle - $85 - SOLD
17. Kaeru 150mm stainless petty - BNIB - $85 - SOLD
18. Kaeru 90mm stainless paring - BNIB - $75 - SOLD

Forgive the choppy post, but I don't want to screw anything up (listing so many is a PITA as I am sure many know, need to do that one in/one out thing) but I will breakup posting further descriptions and pics in responses that I will post in a few.8

Last edited:
1. Gesshin cleaver - SOLD - you can see more specs on JKI site, barely used, got as a gift but it did not jive with him.
Gesshin cleaver 1.JPEG
Gesshin cleaver 2.JPEG

Last edited:
2. I can not remember the handle material (will try and find and post), but unused with copper pins. Still have one very similar from him.
HHH 240 1.JPEG
HHH 240 2.JPEG

3-7. (ALL
SOLD) -
I love my kochis but as I have accumulated knives I just don't reach for them and have most tucked away.
kochis 1.JPEG
Kochis 2.JPEG

Last edited:
Holy **** you win KKF. Unfortunately you also have the same tastes as I do, so I've already tried a bunch of the ones on your list. Nice prices, too. GLWS

Interested at the Kochi 240mm... how many grams does it weigh?

8. I got this from the mystery box game that Home Butcher runs. Lists for $425 on their site, special means I got it for $225. From site
Steel: AEB-L Stainless

HRC: 62

Construction: Monosteel

Length: 185x45mm Spine at Heel 2.04mm

Finish: Hand Sand Satin Finish

Bladesmith: Mattia Borrani

Handle: Cream Kirinite, Ironwood Burl, and with Blue G10 Liners

Mattia 1.JPEG
Mattia 2.JPEG

9. Ginrei petty - SOLD. - Sharpened once or twice, not all that used as I reach for others first, or larger knives really.
Ginrei 1.JPEG
Ginrei 2.JPEG

Last edited:
Let me get this all out and will go back for questions. Sorry for the pace.

10. Tojiro 270 powdered steel. This was my first "better knife" back in 2010, but as my 2nd was a 240 DT ITK (only $300 at the time), did not see a lot of use. Probably sharpeded 3-4 times but has been tucked away for quite a while.
Tojiro 270 1.JPEG
Tojiro 270 2.JPEG
Tojiro 270 3.JPEG

11. Michael Taylor - SOLD - cannot remember the company name he goes by but he is a smith in Pennsylvania (Instagram name
mchltylr)
Other, similar knives that i prefer. Nimble little knife. Hawaiian Koa with copper spacer
M Taylor 1.JPEG
M Taylor 2.JPEG

Last edited:
12. Mazaki kurouchi santoku 180mm. - SOLD - Bought several years ago but it is unused.
Mazaki 1.JPEG
Mazaki 2.JPEG

13. Watanabe 183 stainless clad gyuto, blue (2?) core, - SOLD was a catch and release from Dec BST, which was a catch and release for him. The original BST is WTS - A very Kurouchi X-mas . It does come with an EDRO saya. Here are current pics, but only test cut a few things since receiving.

Well crap, I don't think I can post pics when I edit this post since I missed this the first time. Will provide as requested i you want others than what was provided in the Dec post.

14. Catcheside forged 180 (178) gyuto - Sold. This is 1.2409 per Will, the 1.3% is the amount of carbon. Got this with a paring knife combo a couple years ago. Light home use, sharpened 1-2 times. Great knife but have others I prefer.
Catcheside 180 1.JPEG
Catcheside 180 2.JPEG
Catcheside 180 3.JPEG

Last edited:
15. Matsumi Hinoura 85mm petty - Sold - I prefer my other paring knives, this style just does not work for me.

M Hinoura petty 1.JPEG
M Hinoura petty 2.JPEG

16. Tanaka Ginsan Nashiji 120 petty - Sold - I bought looking for other stainless paring knives of this length but not for me.
Tanaka petty 1.JPEG
Tanaka petty 2.JPEG

Last edited:
17-18. Kaeru petty and paring. (PARING IS SOLD, Petty is Sold) Keeping the 210 for a gift but these go. Comes with original box.

Kaeru 1.JPEG
Kaeru 2.JPEG

Last edited:
Working thru the PMs noting when they were received. Will respond to all.

Don’t sweat getting back to mine unless my number comes up. You’re going to be very busy.

I believe I am caught up with what has sold in both the initial summary and with the pics below.

Hopefully I have responded to everyone that PM'ed me so far.

I can’t believe the HHH and Catcheside made it through the first pass. Awesome knives and excellent prices. Just goes to show how the Covid plague has affected buying activities on BST. Even at that I don’t think they will last today.

Know anything about the 1.3 steel core in the Catcheside? Never heard of that. Also, is it really 49mm tall? Looks shorter, so just wanted to double check.

Bummed that the kochi nakiri sold! I sold mine and regret it. I've been bugging Jon when he's getting new ones in, but his guess is as good as anyone's.

Good luck selling the rest of those jems!! A lot of great deals in there.

Know anything about the 1.3 steel core in the Catcheside? Never heard of that. Also, is it really 49mm tall? Looks shorter, so just wanted to double check.
I am sorry, it is actually 44mm tall. Screwed up in the scramble to post it. The knife is from 2017, I am trying to go back and see if I have any more detail on the steel.

Reactions: ian
It was pointed out to me that my pricing on the HHH was off (thank you big D). I was going off my paypal to Randy, but I believe I had $100 for a raffle included with it. C K T G has some listed at $400 ($50 off per the site) so I will match the $400. I will edit the initial post to reflect the new price.

I doubt it, never heard of Will working with it, not that this means anything. During that time period Will was working with catchyblue 1.2419.05. Best is to ask him ofcourse.

Maybe he called it 1.3 carbon core because catchyblue or 1.2419.05 is a 1.3% carbon tungsten steel.

Back