Carbon Steel vs Stainless steel Lavine says

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the guys buying knives at cutlery shows seldom use their blades for anything. Most just like having them and thinking they are "ready" if the balloon goes up. And others flip them at the first chance to make a little extra money. Not one in a thousand would know what a yanagiba is or how to use it.

A sharp machete can even be used to kill and skin an animal, ....

Add killing, cleaning and skinning an animal to the list of things you don't seem to know anything about. Sneaking up on a coconut is not the same thing...:cool2:

And welcome back.

Add killing, cleaning and skinning an animal to the list of things you don't seem to know anything about. Sneaking up on a coconut is not the same thing...:cool2:

And welcome back.

The wild boar hunters over here do everything with machetes, you got a problem with that? That conflicts with your opinion again? And, would you stop that childish 'coconut' behaviour already? You love killing coconuts? Still trying to pick fights with every single chance you got?

Wait.., I can't answer back, you're the Moderator, no one can control you here and I risk being banned if I say the wrong word to you. Because you are the God moderator, sOrry

And the guys buying knives at cutlery shows seldom use their blades for anything. Most just like having them and thinking they are "ready" if the balloon goes up. And others flip them at the first chance to make a little extra money. Not one in a thousand would know what a yanagiba is or how to use it.

lol zombie attack ready!

Andrew and Keith. Bernard only published one chapter on kitchen cutlery and the show was mostly tactical and hunting (I know most of those makers on a first name basis) for the simple reason the average knife collector could care less about kitchen cutlery. More than one has told me they see cooking as just "women's work." I've laid out a table full of the best in kitchen cutlery only to find the few that even stopped to look seemed to think you should toss them all in a big box with a sign saying "your choice, 50 cents each!"

yeah it's disappointing to me there isn't more published information to be found on kitchen cutlery
I started saving pictures from old hardware catalogs that sold knives to build up a "reference database"
maybe one day it will become more popular?
Japanese probably appreciate kitchen cutlery a whole lot more than Americans

There are a lot of good cooks on this forum at least you can make dinner with a fine kitchen knife. A 1,500.00 Tactical blade you can go out and get dinner:viking:

Back