Carter cutlery opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have owned 3 knives from his Muteki series. 1 was made by Jamison (sold that one recently, was a bit too short for me and didn't see much use as I always reached for other blades in that length), 1 by Taylor (Western Funayuki) , 1 by Alex (wa-gyuto). All 3 were very good if not great cutters. I still own the last 2. Both are absolutley fantastic cutters, feel very nimble and more laserish than anything else. The wa-gyuto from Alex came with 2 small voids where the tang hits the handle. But nothing a little super glue can't fix. I am happy with my Muteki knives.

The story about this infamous choil shot... I don't know... Seriously?! I thing enough has been said about this.

My shopping experience was good, but I had no other contact whatsoever. And I do think that while the photography is quite OK for an overall impression of the knife, the angled shots can be difficult to interpret. I don't think that they give you a good idea of how the blade shape is. I mean, I always get the impression that they sell whatever shape comes out of their forge, they just name it this or that. This, and the lack of a choil shot definitely do leave room for some surprise. This is no complaint, I was very happy with the 3 knives I purchased from them, it is only some suggestion for improvement.

Back