• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Catcheside 235 Catchy Blue Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YG420

Reaction score
Looking to tighten up the collection a bit by selling some knives that get very little use, so up for sale is one of Will's catchy blue san mai forged gyutos. This knife has a great in hand feel, well balanced and very nimble even though I see it as a workhorse type knife. It falls right through product and has great food seperation, on par with Kato. Will's geometry is really on point. The cladding takes on patina slower than most Ive seen and the catchy blue core holds a toothy edge for an incredible amount of time. Been lightly sharpened twice on an ohira suita and lightly used in a home environment. Its a really great knife and am sad to see it go, but it hasnt been used as much as it should be. Will makes awesome knives and maybe I can get my hands on a custom dammy from him one day. Price is $475 shipped in CONUS, intl we can talk. Thanks for looking!

http://www.catchesidecutlery.com/st..._carbon_san_mai,_black_palmera_wa_handle.html

FBED4528-CB8B-4B5D-9D67-08E8170D5F85_zpsekly46f6.jpg

76021395-7D02-47E8-AE9E-EC7C8B0F400B_zpsilahpwk2.jpg

AF7C0091-4BF4-4797-81C7-450C30BFA1FB_zpstjfcwlq2.jpg

EFB4F791-8878-4CDB-87C5-61EB391758BE_zpskbgvs4wg.jpg

I have just received mine a few weeks ago and can attest to the fact that these knives cut well. Really well. Great steel and treat as well. Will makes a damn fine cutter. Good luck!

I believe this is one of his forged geometry knives - a bit like a subtle 's' grind except forged in. He finishes the wide bevel on stones so it's perfectly flat and easy to thin as the years go by. These are considerably more expensive in the UK so this is a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back