Catcheside Spring Cleaning Sale !

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillC

Reaction score
Spring has sprung! I could use some cash to put into materials at this point... I have 3 amazing pieces i would like to offer at sale prices.

This is a forum only sale so send me a pm, Im in the workshop all day but first time/dated I'll take it via pm takes the prize.

There is one catch and that is that I would like to have a few items to show at owens forgin next week so shipping will be delayed until the monday after next weekend, not a deal breaker if you need it right now, but it would be a help to me and much appreciated :)

First up we have my amazing forged damascus Gyuto....

I have been using and testing this knife for the last few weeks and fell inn love, its forming a wonderful patina and have been playing with the finish into the super high layer core on the edge. I think it just looks better and better.

Specs here

Same materials as the fully ground blade.
​This one is 100% forged taper and geometry. The taper is really nice, dramatically tapering from just over 4mm at the handle, the bevels were fully forged the centre of the knife is slightly hollow and in the centre at the heel measures around 2mm. All this is done with forging then the lower bevels are ground and a full progression of stones with brief etches in between. Finally finishing into the edge with a high grit natural, which also polished and highlights the damascus. So the lower bevel is fully serviceable with your natural stones and finger stones. Very practical beauty for this who love their fine steel and stones.
The materials are simple carbon damascus laminate with super high layer in the core, further accentuated by the forging.
This is a ready to go knife, full spec...
Blade Length - 250mm
Height 48mm
Thickness spine over heel - 3.8mm, halfway 1.8mm , 10mm behind tip 0.7mm
Handle is a mid size wa, which balances the knife right on the pinch grip. Handle materials Yellow Box with a ferrule made from wenge and buckeye.
I would describe this as a mid weight knife it has zero flex full geometry offering perfect food release but a dramatic taper and slender fine tip.

This was up for £689 One time only sale price £490 :eek2:

Some pics as it is now after a few weeks use, can clean it back if you like but I would suggest its best with the patina :)

Next Up we have this gorgeous 01 Fillet, I went to town on the handle on this one....there is a little shrinkage between the natuaral wood/musk ox and the nickel silver. But its even and no gaps, feels good in hand for this type of knife so Ive left it alone.

Here are the specs.

Rare Catcheside Fillet, in 01 carbon steel, heat treated for flex and toughness @ 62 hrc. Nice and thick at the bolster about 4mm with dramatic taper, 1.5mm halfway, about 0.5mm near the tip, really nice flex for the last half of the blade. Super nice western handle on this with sculpted nickel silver guard, Amboyna wood, Musk ox spacer, but cap is two pieces of cow horn withhold leaf laminated between.
Its 220mm
22mm blade height,
Just under 4mm at the handle with mega forged taper full flex through tip and last 3/4 of the blade. Would make a fantastic carving knife or meat boning knife as well.

Ill do this for half the price, so considering the gorgeous handle work makes it an utter bargain @ £200

Lastly and far from least, this should not really be a sale piece but as I need to get back in the workshop today I will bung it in here at a slight discount for forum members before I get a chance to add it to my site...

This fully ground version of the forged damascus...... With a really nice western handle.

Feels very very comfortable....

Here are the blade specs....

This blade was fully forged geometry then fully ground to show the pattern. The materials are a san mai of two different layer count carbon damascus, High layer in the core and lower layer cladding. The core layers are further compressed during forging. These two steels together have fantastic edge characteristics when in a fine pattern, capable of extreme hardness remaining tough.
The lower bevel is convex whilst the centre of the knife is softly hollow, the final geometry is done and stones and the whole lower bevel can be maintained with a high grit stone, finishing the damascus with finger stones.

Here are the blade specifications

Length - 250mm
height - 51mm
Thickness of spine heel, 3.5, halfway 1.5mm 10mm behind tip 0.7mm
I would describe the geometry as light/mid weight for me, just like a 3mm version but with less flex, thicker into handle due to forging process.

And pics with the western handle I made for her in stabilised Koa and stab alder. Balance is 15mm ahead of the choil

I would be wanting around £800 for this. One time forum only offer of £690

Thanks all, remember sales via PM, first I gets it, I will be in the workshop for the rest of the day and will reply when I return.

Thanks

Will

Forgot the fillet pic :laugh:

As usual all prices include shipping, bag and certificate :)

All replied, just going to iron out some details via pm see whats sold..... you lot are funny, and also paying my steel bill:D

Saturday morning is when I do paperwork that didn't get done during the week. Of course the first thing I do is click the "What's new" tab. This one will be at the ECG:doublethumbsup:

Well done Bill, she is a cracker, there is even a piece of gold leaf between the horn on the endcap, can see it subtly through the horn, essential for food prep of course :biggrin:

Current sale status

Boner - Sold
Gyuto Wa, Pending Anton has first dibs...

The lovely western Gyuto is still currently available!!

:biggrin:

Just the western damascus Gyuto remaining now, it could also be Wa for less money as handle is not fixed permanently as of yet.

Sale Staus

Boner/fillet - Sold
Forge finish Gyuto - SOLD
Fully ground Gyuto - Sale pending

All now Sold, Rick payment received, you have exceeded your message quota, Likewise Bill tried to message you but also reached your message limit, sent you both out emails :)

WOW Will (Bill) that boner is stunning. Just what I have been looking for. May I ask to be first in line if you ever decide to depart with it. Either way, it must never leave the continent.

Back