Coffee machine cleaning solution

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooper

Reaction score
Just bought a Jura J6 Full auto coffee machine and see the recommendations to clean the milk / frothing system daily.....the off the shelf solutions the manufacture recommend is a bit pricey.....I've read a few that use vinegar & water, citric acid & water, etc......but it seems that is what would be used for descaling the machine and not cleaning the milk / frothing system. Anyone find an alternative fluid comparable to the manufactures own brand. I have no issue using the manufactures brand if its a must.

Can you just run water through it? Realistically it just needs to get flushed so it does not clog.

FWIW, cleaning chemicals for espresso machines are not inexpensive. But the real issue is you need to run the system cycle a time or two after using a chemical cleaner to get all the nasty smell/ taste out. I do not know if this pertains to milk system on a full auto, but definitely a factor in cleaning groupheads.

On my sister's Saeco full-auto machine, it has an auto-cleaning cycle for the milk system that just flushes it with hot water.

Purocaff I what we use on our industrial machine. From what I hear it’s pretty clean, but I haven’t done the research myself. Works wonders on all espresso/coffee stuff st my store

Can you just run water through it? Realistically it just needs to get flushed so it does not clog.

FWIW, cleaning chemicals for espresso machines are not inexpensive. But the real issue is you need to run the system cycle a time or two after using a chemical cleaner to get all the nasty smell/ taste out. I do not know if this pertains to milk system on a full auto, but definitely a factor in cleaning groupheads.

On my sister's Saeco full-auto machine, it has an auto-cleaning cycle for the milk system that just flushes it with hot water.

What's been recommended is to do is a auto clean which is just hot water flush through the milking system after a batch of brews with milk, if you run another batch later in the day repeat the auto clean......once your done brewing for the day then do a auto clean but with there cleaning fluid followed with another auto clean (no cleaner fluid) for the rinse. The auto clean cycle only takes a minute. I can see the reasoning in using a cleaning fluid as its similar when rinsing a glass that has had milk in it, takes a few attempts to get the glass rinsed thoroughly. There are a few videos showing the process which takes no time and easy to do. Really asking if anyone has found an alternative cleaning fluid that is less cost but still effective for the milk / froth system.

Purocaff I what we use on our industrial machine. From what I hear it’s pretty clean, but I haven’t done the research myself. Works wonders on all espresso/coffee stuff st my store

Thanks for the reply......I will look into the Pura caff products.

Latest posts

Back