• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Copper stew pan and regular pan

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last seen over a week ago. Its not looking good with so many having paid but not received the goods or tracking. No consistent and believable communication in over a month is unacceptable irrespective of time of year. No great loss to the community if this dude is banned since they never contributed to the community apart from using it as a sales platform.

I was able to get a refund from him, but I did get the impression that he was pretty much broke. It could be that he is avoiding communication because he does not have means to refund people. Things do seem to be getting worse though

I was able to get a refund from him, but I did get the impression that he was pretty much broke. It could be that he is avoiding communication because he does not have means to refund people. Things do seem to be getting worse though
I didn’t us f and f. How do you get PayPal to give money back? I’ve never had this happen?

found him on fb looking for a prep job a few days ago in the San Diego Cooks and Chefs group. Any industry people in san diego want to set up a fake interview with him?

he has not responded to my messages via paypal. I am sure he is about to block me on fb too
1705856047146.png

found him on fb looking for a prep job a few days ago in the San Diego Cooks and Chefs group. Any industry people in san diego want to set up a fake interview with him?

he has not responded to my messages via paypal. I am sure he is about to block me on fb too
View attachment 294704
I would imagine he has burned a lot of bridges recently, not just here. Sounds like it might be drug or alcohol issues. If you sent f&f via credit card you can try dispute it that way. I have been successful in disputing f&f charges through my credit provider. I hope everyone who sent him money is able to find some resolution.

View attachment 294704
Yes this is the guy. I think he might have took down all his listings locally as well

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240106_213612_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240106_213612_Facebook.jpg
    588.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240106_213554_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240106_213554_Facebook.jpg
    989 KB · Views: 0
I would imagine he has burned a lot of bridges recently, not just here. Sounds like it might be drug or alcohol issues. If you sent f&f via credit card you can try dispute it that way. I have been successful in disputing f&f charges through my credit provider. I hope everyone who sent him money is able to find some resolution.

yeah im sure life is on top of him right now. my messages have all been relatively supportive, asking him to repay on a payment plan. i hope things get better for him and he can make restitution. but i think ive gone as far as im going to go for $175 at this point. lesson learned.

Unfortunate the guy took this route. I’m an hour north of SD and could have helped the dude get at least an interview for a job at 2-3 different places in the area at least.

Guess he needs the scammed money more than I do 🤷🏼‍♂️

yeah im sure life is on top of him right now. my messages have all been relatively supportive, asking him to repay on a payment plan. i hope things get better for him and he can make restitution. but i think ive gone as far as im going to go for $175 at this point. lesson learned.
Yeah. He was legit for a few transactions and it really seems like he’s in a bad spot and San Diego isn’t exactly a cheap place to stay without any money.

Really seems he sold all his personal cookware & a lot of other kitchen supplies probably just to make rent. Also I don’t think he realized how much it would cost to ship some of the stuff he sold for extremely cheap.

I feel like a lot us would’ve been totally understanding…but I mean I get it, it’s super human to just hunker down and burn bridges when our backs are against the wall. Hopefully we can normalize just keeping up the communication. I would much rather someone tell me they’re broke than be ignored.

Welp, guess I’m off to give some happy endings to make back my $125

Just a little update.

Chefc refunded me for the purchase.

He is legit, many have vouched for him, seems as though he may be a private chef that has been getting put through the holiday party meat grinder.

Any ways I am happy with this getting resolved.
He’s still got my $200 from November
No response to messages
Dude is scamming

He’s still got my $200 from November
No response to messages
Dude is scamming
Yeah it seems I just got lucky. Whatever is going on has gotten much worse.
It really sucks that he seemingly has just shut everyone out. Like @Chang said it would be easier to have some understanding if he were able to communicate at all.

This is a huge bummer. I sold him a knife locally several months ago and he seemed like a great guy with a young family. I feel bad for him, as I suspect there is some type of financial hardship underpinning all of this. I obviously feel sorry for everyone who is out money from these listings as well -- such a disappointing situation to read about.

Back