Crooked foody NYPD Pig

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a Police Officer in NJ, I say to you this was a very wrong incident. I strongly advise that in addition to your lawsuit that you contact Internal Affairs or whatever they call it in NY. Additionally take notes so that you don't forget details later, like who at work that night might have witnessed you with those specific lost knives. Short of a miracle, you wont get those knives back, but you might very well get the money back to replace them. I know it is a ton of aggravation and effort, but make sure you go forward with this. As a Law Enforcement Officer, this stuff disgusts me. There are bad apples in every career and they tarnish what the rest do right on a daily basis.
As to some other comments here. Don't worry about them doctoring the report, people watch too many movies. What might happen is that the arrest inventory will omit those knives, that is likely based on the situation that you described. Did they inventory in front of you? They are not required to, but sometimes do to get a more accurate description of items. Did u sign a property sheet that listed what was on your person when it was taken from you? Did u sign a property sheet when it was returned to you?

Just came back to this thread, got pissed off, and am leaving. Still hope you get your knives back and sanchez gets a good ol fashioned baton beating one of these nights. What a dirty heck.

I'm without words...almost. I despise NYC for many reasons, this being one of them. Constitutional rights stripped away on many levels, and unfortunely it affects everyone living in New York state. Sue the hell out of the precinct, contact internal affairs, contact local news/radio stations and put this all over the internet. Most cops are good, but the few that are not ruin it for all. Good luck and hope to hear a happy ending.

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” Benjamin Franklin

In my youth I had many altercations with the cops. All I can say that the only time I had a problem, got locked up, or lost my $hit is when is was acting like an a$$hole. A crooked foodie cop really what are the odds??? Just sayin'

Chef Niloc
I feel your pain. Thing have gotten out of control in New York City. I have carried cutlery in and out of the city for 20 yrs( I live in Long Island about 40 min out of the city). Its gotten to the point that I have to carry my knife bag in another bag (duffle or large back pack which is nuts! Now they need probable cause to search btw don't wear your whites. Hang in there Bro!

I travel to New York every year for a knife seminar in northern New York not far from Woodstock. We never had any trouble, but since 911 there have been New York City cops on duty up in the Catskills, because that's where the water for the city comes from. We have been harassed a few times. I know there are a lot of good people in New York, but over the past few years we have been joking about the peoples republic of New York. I personally laugh every time I see one of the license plates; "the empire state" I think to myself yeah the empire of New York, where they rule the world from. I know there are some people with that mentality.
I am sorry to hear about this Colin. I agree with Mingooch that you should contact internal affairs as well as filing suit.
My uncle was a sherrifs deputy for 20+ years and it really pisses me off that cops forget they are supposed to be public servants first and keepers of the peace, not bullies with a gun and badge.
As some one that was a lightweight and a nerd for most of my life, the only thing that really stirs my pot anymore are bullies.
I wish you all the luck in the world buddy, I hope this guy gets busted down to cleaning sewer pipes, down below subway level.
Del

Sadly enough dirty cops are everywhere.

Tonight a show is going to air here where the producers dropped wallets full of cash at the front desk of several police stations in larger Dutch cities with the remark that the wallets were found on the street. The next day the person who got their ID the wallet picks it up and in about 80% of the cases a substantial amount of the cash was missing. The officer on duty then blames it on the good Samaritan who found the wallet, but in this case (or at least 80% of them) the show proves the police are just ordinary thieves.

I'd like to think that the good cops far outnumber the bad cops, even in NY. For all the f'd up things I've got caught doing, I can only remember one situation where the guy (a Port Authority cop) was being a unconscionable jackass, even though that time I was totally in the right. It also helps to have a few PBA cards, just in case.

So, Colin...any update?

my roommate is retired NYPD. She even notices it, she says todays cops are about as corrupt and disrespectful as they get. She came from a time when they were starting to cleanup the force and give it a better image. That lasted about 10 years and now everything is getting worse again. I used to live in Harlem and everyone would get off the streets on TNT nights. TNT stands for Tuesday's and Thursday's on those days the young rookie cops and a few older cops travel around neighborhoods in Harlem in groups of up to 10 officers. They grab every minority they can find, no matter if they are doing anything or not. They harass , beat the hell out of them and when they try to defend themselves, beat them some more, I have seen them plant drugs on guys and weapons. I have seen them arrest people on the street for taking videos of the brutality. Hell I watched six cops grab two guys that I was on the subway with for the last hour and swear that they just watched them sell drugs to an undercover officer. When the guys protested the police officers shoved them both through a glass store front and called for back up. 8 cop cars arrived and they began stomping on them and hitting them with batons. When I tried to tell them they were innocent I was told that if I didn't leave I would recieve the same treatment as them and would be going to jail. I protested and was pretty much told if I opened my mouth again, I was going to the morgue.
I moved out of Harlem not because of the 4 murders that happened in the 2 years I was there but, because of the cops.
Four cops let me die when I had my first stroke and collapsed on the train platform right at their feet. Witnesses said, the four police officers kicked me out of the way and stepped over me to get away and offered no assistance, they didn't even call for help. I haven't found very many cops here in the city that are very helpful or even courteous to the public. Try asking for directions sometime. These guys don't even know how to get around their own beat. I don't hate cops, I have just met very few lately that I would even call good people. You know what as good as the FDNY firemen are they are just as much douchebags as the cops. I can't tell you how many times in the businesses I have worked over the years that we had to bribe, fire marshals, chiefs and other high ranking fire officials just to get our permits and certifications even though we were in compliance anyway.

my roommate is retired NYPD. She even notices it, she says todays cops are about as corrupt and disrespectful as they get. She came from a time when they were starting to cleanup the force and give it a better image. That lasted about 10 years and now everything is getting worse again. I used to live in Harlem and everyone would get off the streets on TNT nights. TNT stands for Tuesday's and Thursday's on those days the young rookie cops and a few older cops travel around neighborhoods in Harlem in groups of up to 10 officers. They grab every minority they can find, no matter if they are doing anything or not. They harass , beat the hell out of them and when they try to defend themselves, beat them some more, I have seen them plant drugs on guys and weapons. I have seen them arrest people on the street for taking videos of the brutality. Hell I watched six cops grab two guys that I was on the subway with for the last hour and swear that they just watched them sell drugs to an undercover officer. When the guys protested the police officers shoved them both through a glass store front and called for back up. 8 cop cars arrived and they began stomping on them and hitting them with batons. When I tried to tell them they were innocent I was told that if I didn't leave I would recieve the same treatment as them and would be going to jail. I protested and was pretty much told if I opened my mouth again, I was going to the morgue.
I moved out of Harlem not because of the 4 murders that happened in the 2 years I was there but, because of the cops.
Four cops let me die when I had my first stroke and collapsed on the train platform right at their feet. Witnesses said, the four police officers kicked me out of the way and stepped over me to get away and offered no assistance, they didn't even call for help. I haven't found very many cops here in the city that are very helpful or even courteous to the public. Try asking for directions sometime. These guys don't even know how to get around their own beat. I don't hate cops, I have just met very few lately that I would even call good people. You know what as good as the FDNY firemen are they are just as much douchebags as the cops. I can't tell you how many times in the businesses I have worked over the years that we had to bribe, fire marshals, chiefs and other high ranking fire officials just to get our permits and certifications even though we were in compliance anyway.

That's horrendous. I cant even imagine what I would do in any of those situations... The cops in ottawa are like happy little puppies compared to that.

Back